Is a widescreen fix possible?

Zaxx

Hi everyone!

As people who tried to run the game in a widescreen resolution may already know Emperor has some issues when it comes to HD glory: Setting the game up with a 16:10 or 16:9 aspect ratio resolution simply crops the image (you'll lose the top and the bottom of the original 4:3 aspect ratio screen). Is a fix for this possible?

I do not have that problem. I got a 16:9 screen. I also got the 1920:1080 option. The images are normal.

So I find it rather strange that you have that problem. Maybe it is your video card that is insufficient?

What version of EBfD do you run?

I do not have that problem. I got a 16:9 screen. I also got the 1920:1080 option. The images are normal.

So I find it rather strange that you have that problem. Maybe it is your video card that is insufficient?

What version of EBfD do you run?

1.09. Anyway to my knowledge this problem is always present, doesn't matter which version do you have:

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/emperor-battle-dune

Upgrade your GPU drivers. It helped me :)

Okay, things start to get interesting so please clear up a few things for me:

- Is the option for 1080p visible in the graphics options menu for you guys?

- What are your PC specs?

Also please post a screenshot of the game running correctly in a 16:9 aspect ratio.

My drivers are pretty much up to date and the game was always like this for me so the problem should be something else if Emperor actually supports widescreen. My specs:

i7 2600 3.0 ghz

8 gb DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GTX 560 1G

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

maxresdefault.jpg

Here you go.

Luminar's suggestion is also good.

I still find it strange that your image is cropped on top and bottom.

Did you install software regarding your monitor? Or do you simply have one attached to your computer? I had to install mine. But all my programs automatically where adjusted. And some games (like WC3) got the wide screen resolution options.

maxresdefault.jpg

Here you go.

Luminar's suggestion is also good.

I still find it strange that your image is cropped on top and bottom.

Did you install software regarding your monitor? Or do you simply have one attached to your computer? I had to install mine. But all my programs automatically where adjusted. And some games (like WC3) got the wide screen resolution options.

What OS are you using? I see the stretching though so looks like the game actually does not support 16:9. :( Hope someone will make an HD patch someday.

As a comparison, here's what I see in 4:3 and 16:9:

http://i.imgur.com/3EekWrF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/a9Aad6V.jpg

Hahaha, you are right, it is stretching. Strange that I only notice it now.

But the game sucks any way in other area's. Mine is sloppy and fast at the same time. There is no fun in playing this game if it causes so much troubles.

But hey, you have EA games for this crap. That is why I never buy new stuff from them until it is €5 or less.

C&C3 was €5 a couple of years ago, that was the last game I ever bought.

Hahaha, you are right, it is stretching. Strange that I only notice it now.

But the game sucks any way in other area's. Mine is sloppy and fast at the same time. There is no fun in playing this game if it causes so much troubles.

But hey, you have EA games for this crap. That is why I never buy new stuff from them until it is €5 or less.

C&C3 was €5 a couple of years ago, that was the last game I ever bought.

Yes, I remember the campaign of Emperor being totally disappointing and the unit balance seems to be designed towards the idea of stretching out the gameplay time (a defending army will always be stronger than the attack so you need a lot of units for attacking efficiently) but the game actually has a really good atmosphere. :)

I mostly agree with you on EA's C&Cs: C&C3 was mediocre, its expansions was horrible but actually I was surprised by how good RA3 ended up being.