dune 2 for tablet

damrankomran

Let me guess. Apple?

Well I still have my mobile version. Which would work on a tablet as well.

I find it a shame that created material that is discarded. May not be used again and improved for other things.

Of course I understand if they where asking money for it. But if it is free and the other party never uses it for generating income. Nor plans for it. Why not re-use?

This is an example of a law that I never understood. 

• Upvote 1

Of course I understand if they where asking money for it. But if it is free and the other party never uses it for generating income. Nor plans for it. Why not re-use?

This is an example of a law that I never understood.

The problem with Dune games is that they are licensed titles. Virgin or Westwood (not sure who exactly) paid money to the Dino de Laurentiis corporation for the right to use trademarked stuff in their game. This license has since then expired, and without it, even if Westwood were still around and owned the rights to Dune II, they'd probably be restricted by the terms of the past license in some way, probably not being able to re-release the game on their own for example.

This is one of the reasons why they created their own Command & Conquer franchise as soon as they recognized the potential of the Dune II formula.