A Dune RPG

THE AQIB

Well, if you are going to follow the novels.

The missions should take place in the time between the landing in the palace and the ending of the duke.

You can be either Atreides or Harkonnen. Mostly you work alone.

Actually the storyline of the novels gives plenty of room for different plot lines that can be neatly inserted without violating the canon.

First off, the story does not need to take place only on Arrakis. And the world of Dune in the books isn't as much about warfare as it is about politics, espionage, court intrigue etc. etc. Hence the player character may be an agent of some House Major or House Minor that has an interest in the Arrakis affair, or a mercenary, or an Arrakis native, or anyone else you want.

Secondly, the story may very well take place before the first book - during the time the Harkonnens held the fiefdom of Arrakis for example. Or between Dune and Dune Messiah. Plenty of stuff happened in that period, and there are possibilities for a wide selection of plot lines and characters for this kind of role-playing game.

In fact, if the RPG Maker engine capabilities allow for it, I would personally prefer some kind of open world game where you can choose to be whoever you want - a pyon villager or a swordmaster, a Mentat or a Face Dancer, a courtesan or an Imperial bureaucrat. That kind of game would be awesome but I guess it would take a lot of effort to code and write.

THE AQIB will decide most things. I could do the math support to make things balanced.

O wow, just 4 "seats". This leaves with way less options for the strategy that I had in mind.

And I clearly never worked with those RPG or RPG maker. And I am not a programmer. So perhaps it is better if you only ask for the balances when you need them. (It includes upgrade balances and teamwork balances)

Well I still haven't tried the army script yet so have your fingers crossed.

Actually I have only read till Paul escapes and Joins fremen with his mother.

Only "Dune" novel I have.

I can't seem to get the rest.

Precious idea was to the player be a soldier in an arny who are sent to Arrakis to fight but after his whole regiment got slaughtered in the battle he escapes and tries to find a way back home.

He has to survive on the Arrakis working as a mercenary and finding a way off the planet.

I didn't know where to fit the storyline.

Mostly survival tactics.

And battles with other warriors or people who try to kill you.

Battles on all vehicles on all terrains.

Battle the worms.

Alliance with different groups to acquire different friends who can assist you in different ways.

More like farcry 2 on Arrakis but with much variety and old-school rpg graphics.

Precious idea was to the player be a soldier in an arny who are sent to Arrakis to fight but after his whole regiment got slaughtered in the battle he escapes and tries to find a way back home.

He has to survive on the Arrakis working as a mercenary and finding a way off the planet.

That sounds like what happened to the Atreides troops who survived and joined Gurney Halleck. They didn't have much options though except join the smugglers for having a chance to get off the planet (and then maybe plot revenge against the Harkonnens).
  • Upvote 1

That sounds like what happened to the Atreides troops who survived and joined Gurney Halleck. They didn't have much options though except join the smugglers for having a chance to get off the planet (and then maybe plot revenge against the Harkonnens).

Yes the same.

I don't have the rest.

Man I haven't used RPG Maker in YEARS, I actually downloaded today and after I came across this thread.

I think it would help everyone if they took a peak at what the program can do, that way you can figure out it's limitations.

My first idea is romance options, so you could end up with Chani, Harah, Princess Irulan, or others made up characters. So this could be an optional side quest. It would be cool to have these choices even if you don't play Paul.

Personally I like side quest to games, it makes them more immersive and expanded, so maybe a smuggler side quest/story, they don't have to be long.

As for vehicles if you could manage to make a good looking worm, that would be sweet.

I've attached a Blue Eyed Freeman concept I made with Sprite Creator 3 and Photoshop.

post-57380-0-46458800-1405055600_thumb.p

• Upvote 1

Sweet.

It seems you can join in and work very well.

Can you guys help me out with the story?

Side quests are my speciality.

Trying to make a game based on books although will be boring.

We need to give something new.

Not the same one in the present available games either.

Any ideas??

Dont forget about landsraad, fremen, independent smugglers and house corrino. Even bene gesserit, house x and guild. All in first dund nowel so not much different from games. Only house ordos, but we can say house ordos actually part of landsraad houses. And we can add new houses because we dont know how many houses landsraad hawe. Landsraad nato or soviets kind of group, so we can say lots more in there.

So I had some free time at work and wrote a bit of my idea for the romance side quest;

I guess if each could be individual it would be more realistic, so you can totally miss one if you don't trigger the proper event. But keep them linked if certain stages are reach you could have a jealousy effect or something.

Side Quest
-------------
PACING: This quest should be accessible no sooner than 2/5 into the game.
GOAL: Optional quest with 'romantic interest'

--- Quest Starting Hint ---
[HERO]  Meets with [FREEMAN LEADER]

[FREEMAN LEADER] To [HERO]"You are a fine warrior [Main Character] your deeds have helped our cause greatly. But you must also learn to rest, I have seen women look in your direction but you've been so pre-occupied you have not returned their glances. It's important to unwind and speak to them, they can be restful to your soul and to your eyes.

[HERO]to [FREEMAN LEADER] "Or they can increase my worry by caring for them in these hard times."

[FREEMAN LEADER] To [HERO] "Times will always be hard, but we must find time to let our heart soften, and you should not worry about our women, they are strong and capable, they could show some man what is the meaning of strength. I have a lady id like you to meet, her name is [FEMALE INTEREST 1], she is at [sEITCH NAME] [APROX. LOCATION], she's too shy to admit it, but she'd love to meet you in person and have a chat."

[HERO] to [FREEMAN LEADER] "Thank you for concern, I will consider it."

--- The Quest can be access by [FEMALE INTEREST 1] in [sEITCH NAME] ---

[FEMALE INTEREST 1] to [HERO] "Can I help you?"
[HERO] to [FEMALE INTEREST 1]  "Hi I'm looking for [FEMALE INTEREST 1], would you know where I can find her?"
[FEMALE INTEREST 1] to [HERO] "You're speaking to her, what can I do for you?"
[HERO] to [FEMALE INTEREST 1] "Well I'm [HERO], I thought perhaps you'd like to meet me?"
[FEMALE INTEREST 1] to [HERO] "Meet you? Why should I care? You sure are full of yourself!"
[HERO] to [FEMALE INTEREST 1] "[FREEMAN LEADER] Told me you wanted to meet me but you where too shy..."
[FEMALE INTEREST 1] to [HERO] "[FREEMAN LEADER] is my Brother, and he lied to you, I had no such desire to meet you."
[HERO] to [FEMALE INTEREST 1] "uh...."
[FEMALE INTEREST 1] to [HERO] "Ha, I didn't say I hated you, you don't need to be so stumped, you can have supper with me. There is a Sand storm out there, I can't send you out there now."

ETC.
Some FEMALE INTEREST can join your party, others not. And... yeah.

So I had some free time at work and wrote a bit of my idea for the romance side quest;

I guess if each could be individual it would be more realistic, so you can totally miss one if you don't trigger the proper event. But keep them linked if certain stages are reach you could have a jealousy effect or something.

Side Quest

-------------

PACING: This quest should be accessible no sooner than 2/5 into the game.

GOAL: Optional quest with 'romantic interest'

--- Quest Starting Hint ---

[HERO]  Meets with [FREEMAN LEADER]

[FREEMAN LEADER] To [HERO]"You are a fine warrior [Main Character] your deeds have helped our cause greatly. But you must also learn to rest, I have seen women look in your direction but you've been so pre-occupied you have not returned their glances. It's important to unwind and speak to them, they can be restful to your soul and to your eyes.

[HERO]to [FREEMAN LEADER] "Or they can increase my worry by caring for them in these hard times."

[FREEMAN LEADER] To [HERO] "Times will always be hard, but we must find time to let our heart soften, and you should not worry about our women, they are strong and capable, they could show some man what is the meaning of strength. I have a lady id like you to meet, her name is [FEMALE INTEREST 1], she is at [sEITCH NAME] [APROX. LOCATION], she's too shy to admit it, but she'd love to meet you in person and have a chat."

[HERO] to [FREEMAN LEADER] "Thank you for concern, I will consider it."

--- The Quest can be access by [FEMALE INTEREST 1] in [sEITCH NAME] ---

[FEMALE INTEREST 1] to [HERO] "Can I help you?"

[HERO] to [FEMALE INTEREST 1]  "Hi I'm looking for [FEMALE INTEREST 1], would you know where I can find her?"

[FEMALE INTEREST 1] to [HERO] "You're speaking to her, what can I do for you?"

[HERO] to [FEMALE INTEREST 1] "Well I'm [HERO], I thought perhaps you'd like to meet me?"

[FEMALE INTEREST 1] to [HERO] "Meet you? Why should I care? You sure are full of yourself!"

[HERO] to [FEMALE INTEREST 1] "[FREEMAN LEADER] Told me you wanted to meet me but you where too shy..."

[FEMALE INTEREST 1] to [HERO] "[FREEMAN LEADER] is my Brother, and he lied to you, I had no such desire to meet you."

[HERO] to [FEMALE INTEREST 1] "uh...."

[FEMALE INTEREST 1] to [HERO] "Ha, I didn't say I hated you, you don't need to be so stumped, you can have supper with me. There is a Sand storm out there, I can't send you out there now."

ETC.

Some FEMALE INTEREST can join your party, others not. And... yeah.

It seems like a good idea..

Romance should be a good addition...

Thanks for the ideas..

I'm still a bit busy..

But keep up with ideas that can be in the final game..