So what's going on with this site?

exatreide

We need new game or hollywood movie to wake dune up. Otherwise dune univers much more better than populer scifi kults but no one working about new stuff. Ive read first book when im 13 yo im 28 now, ppl like me newer gona forget about dune. But total of new generation dven dont know what is dune.

• Upvote 1

I was like, "Let's watch Dune" and they said "Why you want to see DOOM?" - I said "not Doom, DUNE!"

And then we watched it and they enjoyed it.

But yeah my Step Brothers never heard of it.

I sorta don't want to see a new Dune movie, Id be horrified if they give the project to someone like Michael Bay. If the director was competent ok, but again I think hollywood would just try to turn it into ACTION, Explosions!!! arg....

As for games people can always make mods, sorta like the very nice Civilization 4 Dune Mod.

If the director was competent ok, but again I think hollywood would just try to turn it into ACTION, Explosions!!! arg....

O, yeah! Like new film "The Hobbit". Beatiful fairy tale becomes action film.

As for games people can always make mods, sorta like the very nice Civilization 4 Dune Mod.

Do you mean that game exists on the base of Civilization 4? It can be interesting!

• Upvote 1

O, yeah! Like new film "The Hobbit". Beatiful fairy tale becomes action film.

Do you mean that game exists on the base of Civilization 4? It can be interesting!

Not sure I get your question, but basically a MOD is something you apply to a game to change it up. And Civilization 4 has a overhaul mod that changes the world and makes it all about Dune. Check it out; http://www.moddb.com/mods/dune-wars

So if ever someone was a mod genius he could turn Mass Effect into Dune, that would be great! But I won't hold my breath. Or any other game that's recent. :)

Just a question..

Why can't all the guys in this forum join and make a fan game..

That way we can survive on ourselves..

And give the non active fans something worthwhile..

I am not saying everyone should..

But I have seen lot of able people Dune n this forum..

ArtArtists, Composers, Logic and Analytic Thinkers, Plot Creators and the Fans who have read the whole series and watched all that needs to be..

I am trying my best although all my aattpts are a stalemate due to my college problems..

Once it's over I'll be back to make it..

There was someone making a dune 2000 game back sometime, Jamie i guess was the name..

Some people stand up others help them while some are whiners..

Just spelling a truth..

Just showing that we are also responsible if Dune Phenomenon ceases to exist and in the future..

We might be the last to taste the beauty of this universe..

May the sands never shift..

Come now, The Hobbit was always an adventure story.

Agreed Adventure, but theirs a difference between Adventure and Action. - Most movies today seems to be more action.

Just a question..

Why can't all the guys in this forum join and make a fan game..

That way we can survive on ourselves..

And give the non active fans something worthwhile..

I am not saying everyone should..

But I have seen lot of able people Dune n this forum..

ArtArtists, Composers, Logic and Analytic Thinkers, Plot Creators and the Fans who have read the whole series and watched all that needs to be..

I am trying my best although all my aattpts are a stalemate due to my college problems..

Once it's over I'll be back to make it..

There was someone making a dune 2000 game back sometime, Jamie i guess was the name..

Some people stand up others help them while some are whiners..

Just spelling a truth..

Just showing that we are also responsible if Dune Phenomenon ceases to exist and in the future..

We might be the last to taste the beauty of this universe..

May the sands never shift..

I don't mind helping out here and there, but I can't commit completely, I have other projects I do, I'm happy to help where I can.

Agreed Adventure, but theirs a difference between Adventure and Action. - Most movies today seems to be more action.

The book ends with a battle between five armies. They didn't make that up for the movie, you know. That warrants action :P

The book ends with a battle between five armies. They didn't make that up for the movie, you know. That warrants action :P

Alright good point. I've only seen the first hobbit, all I know if I never felt like any of the characters where in real danger, except for the wizard of the forest character. There was one scene particularly where they where running away from some goblins or something and they where dogging EVERYTHING, and avoiding everything just perfectly, didn't feel real.

Star-Wars-Lightsaber-fight-gif-646528.gi

Eventually, you loose interest.

What was this topic about again? -

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There has actually been a lot of developments regarding dune 2000, the latest of course, being the unification of multiplayer and single player once again, thanks to myself and Funkyfr3sh (among numerous others). Thanks to CnCNet, multiplayer is extremely accessible and easy to setup.

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26730-cncnet-5-now-supports-dune-2000-play-dune-2000-online-now/

• 2 months later...

Is everything ok with the site itself right now? I'm having trouble pasting text in reply boxes and some of the functions don't appear to be... well, functional. Linking is one of them, quoting another. I'd have replied in Site Updates but it appears to have been archived.

I think the forum engine might have browser-dependent quirks. As for the archived threads thing, yeah it's pretty inconvenient but Gobalopper says it helps organize the forums much better in fighting spam, and apparently there are no plans to turn off that feature. Individual threads can be un-archived per request to the admins.

Long time, no see... The main page for me is totally stuck. I had to type in the forums address manually.

As for new stuff for Dune games, I am really ashamed for pausing my MOD development since last year. I relocated and I am to relocate again. Really not much time for that.

But still, I am happy to see people are still lurking around here :)

edit ---

ok, main page is all right, but cannot access forum.dune2k.com

somehow i can acces other parts of the forum but the main page of the forum is unavailable. wtf?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...