[Release] D2kx

D2k Sardaukar

Most (probably all) my D2K+ tools use .NET 3.5.

Thanks. I change the program to .NET 3.5 and only two functions had to be fixed. The fixing was easy because the operations were only renamed (system.io.file something...).

Could those with XP try the program again (first post contains download link)?

If it works for XP users, I think you can upload it to d2kplus website, mvi.

I also added liorlevi99 cheat table to version 1.2.

• Upvote 1

D2k Sardaukar, your new program d2kx v1.2 did not work first too.

But later I installed Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition on the computer. And NOW... it works !  :)

Thank you very much. It's interesting.

P.S. May I ask... Is this program in Visual C++ ?

Ah, you may need the Visual C++ redistributable components. A project at my work requires these too, despite the program being C#.

The redistributable components allow you to run such programs without actually needing to install any Visual Studio.

• Upvote 1

D2k Sardaukar, your new program d2kx v1.2 did not work first too.

But later I installed Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition on the computer. And NOW... it works !  :)

Thank you very much. It's interesting.

P.S. May I ask... Is this program in Visual C++ ?

I made it with VS Express 2013 (for Desktop) as a Windows Form Application that is written in Visual Basic .NET. I did it in this language, because in my eyes it was the easiest/quickest way.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Ah, you may need the Visual C++ redistributable components. A project at my work requires these too, despite the program being C#.

The redistributable components allow you to run such programs without actually needing to install any Visual Studio.

It's used in quite a few .net applications. Most OEM computers even come with it pre-installed ,which is why many users don't have issues even when it isn't provided with the application.

Hey, could you explain how the converter works in more details and if we could move the AI from the house we go to to our previous house, therefore we even become able to select multiple units of that house.

With converter you mean switching houses? I'm afraid the AI can't be changed or it will be lots of searching. The house switching was discovered by looking at the menu files (.uil) that mentioned the gSideId 'tag'. Finding this value in the memory (during gameplay) and simply changing it does the house switching. Perhaps there is a 'tag' for AI, but I haven't seen it in the source (with IDA). One problem for not being able to select more units is that other parts of the game still think that you have the original gSideId 'tag'. Perhaps by finding those other places where the gSideId is used and also changing them might fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Change for the fun memory location 0x4EB000 to 0 in-game. After doing that you get zero spice in single player (Atreides Test Mission) and the only way to get rid of this burden is to delete the game and get the backup off the shelf. :)  Strange. IDA seems to show something with editing .mis files, not sure.

Change for the fun memory location 0x4EB000 to 0 in-game. After doing that you get zero spice in single player (Atreides Test Mission) and the only way to get rid of this burden is to delete the game and get the backup off the shelf. :)  Strange. IDA seems to show something with editing .mis files, not sure.

Interesting, does it change anything in the cfg? By zero spice, do you mean nothing spawns, or that when you harvest spice it doesn't give you credits?

In Atreides Test Mission you start with 10000 spice (if I'm correct) and by changing that value you get 0 spice, restarting the game has no effect. I haven't tried if getting new money/credits/spice/solaris is possible.

So it makes the starting value always 0, interesting. I was wondering if it was somehow related to the super dense spice but it seems it's totally unrelated sadly.

• 11 months later...

Hi guys, 

First, thanks for putting this tool together...can't wait to dig into it. 

Second, was wondering if that tutorial ever came together?  I'm having trouble getting going here...

I first created a test "Trigger on Key" to add spice to House Ordos for my single player campaign, and it's not working when I hit the trigger key F1. 

So, I guess the question is, after you create your trigger, save it in the bottom right, do you then have to click "Patch" to get it to apply the changes to the .dat file?

I've tried clicking "Patch", but I get an error that reads "Dune2000.dat file does not have the correct length. Operation stopped."

Any help here fellas? :) Thanks!

Hi guys, 

First, thanks for putting this tool together...can't wait to dig into it. 

Second, was wondering if that tutorial ever came together?  I'm having trouble getting going here...

I first created a test "Trigger on Key" to add spice to House Ordos for my single player campaign, and it's not working when I hit the trigger key F1. 

So, I guess the question is, after you create your trigger, save it in the bottom right, do you then have to click "Patch" to get it to apply the changes to the .dat file?

I've tried clicking "Patch", but I get an error that reads "Dune2000.dat file does not have the correct length. Operation stopped."

Any help here fellas? :) Thanks!

Thanks for replying.

Yeah, you need to click patch, however the program was designed for the latest original 'untouched' (but with no-cd-key) release of Dune 2000.dat. It probably does not work with the latest FunkyFr3sh edition(s), I'm not 100% sure.

You could try loading it with a different .dat file?

Perhaps I will do a mini-tutorial when I get some time. This will probably be next month or so. If you can't wait, you can try some CheatEngine tutorials on youtube.

• 5 months later...

Been a long time I looked into it this. First of all, what you change won't work online! This program only works with this version: https://d2kplus.com/sub-houses-fix/ (you can apply high resolution patch on top of it, but NO gruntlord or funkyfresh stuff)

Extract the program in your game folder (the folder with dune2000.dat and dune2000.exe files)

Start the program and in 'memory addresses' tab load on the right 'production queue'

go to 'trigger on key' tab and click under 'keyname/keycode' and press the key 'q'.

next select in the drop down menu right of the key 'Atreides Queue 3 Item (Barracks)'.

set the Operator to '=' and the value to '1'

click on 'Patch!' and click on 'Play'

This should work! :)

• 2 years later...