[Release] D2kx

D2k Sardaukar

I hereby release D2kx - the ultimate Dune 2000 hacking tool.

(Does not work on-line like on CnCNet, games will desync unless all games have same hacked version)

Create hotkeys for spice, debugging, starport units and many many more. But also change memory based on other memory addresses to create unique mods!

Screenshot:

post-2251-0-72575900-1397830683_thumb.jp

What you can do is almost endless. Here are some examples:

- Display debug information or increase spice amount with one key press.

- Jump between (player) sides with the numpad keys.

- In mission 9, for example, give spice automatically to your ally if it goes below a certain value.

- In mission 6, for example, change diplomacy based on any trigger you want.

Download: d2kx-v1.2.zip

Please explore and experiment to your heart's content. Post questions and suggestions in this topic. Also share new memory addresses that can be added to the program.

Edit:

- [bug] Don't use enters in comments. If you did and get an error, open the file with a text editor (Notepad++ for example) and remove them. Key- and Memory trigger files also save memory addresses, they perhaps also need fixing.

- Version 1.1 brings production queue memory addresses shipped with the program (as well as instant atreides build example).

- Version 1.2 brings liorlevi99 list with lots of building time settings. Only for Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos currently, but this can probably easily be adjusted for other sides.

Edited by D2k Sardaukar
re-uploaded program
  • Upvote 8

Building units or buildings and their building progress memory addresses are here:  production queue.zip (put the file in the d2kx_data folder and start the program or reload the memory list)

The production queue is a bit weird and not completely bug-free. It depends on what productions (units) are possible (I think it correlates with what stuff you can build on screen). If you build everything according to 'order' the memory name is correct and it will work, but if you lose buildings and/or rebuild (or try it on AI), stuff gets a bit messed up and it might not always work or crash. The Queue 1 Item (Buildings) is, I think, always correct.

Example use for everything instant build (Atreides): atreides instant build.zip

post-2251-0-43311100-1398286338_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

I updated to version 1.1 to add production queue, but perhaps I will go straight to 1.2 because I found an old Cheat engine table for dune 2000 from liorlevi99. It's for version d2k 1.02 but I can convert it to 1.06. It's here: http://www.cheatengine.org/tables/moreinfo.php?tid=372

It could add lots of control, but converting it to version 1.06 is a lot of work by hand. I will try it with coding/automation.

So, to answer your question mvi. Not yet, I first want to add this table when I get time.

• Upvote 3

Perhaps it's the .NET Framework that my program uses. I use one of the latest versions (4.5). Do you guys perhaps know which version you have? Would one of you be so kind to find the KB Number (or directly the version)?! By this manually method: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925567%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

Mvi, what version of .NET Framework do you use? Perhaps it's safer if I use an older version, but I'm a bit afraid that downgrading will break stuff.

Be advised... if you have .NET v4.5, that is no guarantee you can run .NET 2.0 or 3.5 programs. Microsoft's annoying like that. You'd actually need to install the different versions of .NET

If the app is built on 4.5 though... yeah, I'm not even sure they released that for XP. As long as you don't use fancy stuff like lambda expressions and such, you should be fine with downgrading.

• Upvote 3

Perhaps it's the .NET Framework that my program uses. I use one of the latest versions (4.5). Do you guys perhaps know which version you have? 

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client. v.4.0.30319

I am afraid that version 4.5 will not work on Windows XP. May be it works on Win7 and Win8. Does somebody know?

:) So... it's reason for me to try these operation systems. Now I use Linux Ubuntu 12.04 most of all.

Off top.

Do somebody SUCCEFULLY use Dune2000 under Linux? I mean THE SAME COMFORTABLE playing as under Windows.

Edited by Adriano
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client. v.4.0.30319

I am afraid that version 4.5 will not work on Windows XP. May be it works on Win7 and Win8. Does somebody know?

:) So... it reason for me to try these operation systems. Now I use Linux Ubuntu 12.04 most of all.

Off top.

Do somebody SUCCEFULLY use Dune2000 under Linux? I mean THE SAME COMFORTABLE playing as under Windows.

I never got it to work well, but I think there are some threads here that have some tutorials for that. 

• Upvote 3

Perhaps it's the .NET Framework that my program uses. I use one of the latest versions (4.5). Do you guys perhaps know which version you have? Would one of you be so kind to find the KB Number (or directly the version)?! By this manually method: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925567%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

Mvi, what version of .NET Framework do you use? Perhaps it's safer if I use an older version, but I'm a bit afraid that downgrading will break stuff.

Most (probably all) my D2K+ tools use .NET 3.5.