Help with adding the more than 1 voice for group selection ,attack, movement.

Vancer2

I want to increase the amount of default sound files that the game plays when you select a group, order them to attack or just move. For example if you select a group of Atreides units and order them to move, they will always say "For the Duke". their is no other voices just that exact same voice played. I just cant play it, for me this is gamebreaker.  Now I was browsing around in GeneralSFX.txt and messed around with the attack, move and select sounds for the fremen, sarduakar and guild, For post length Ill just post the Sardaukar.

[imgroupAttack]

;Sounds = $13-UA00         ;"To battle!"

Sounds = $13-UA01         ;"Attack!"

Sounds = $13-UA03         ;"Time to die!"

Sounds = $13-UA06         ;"Death Before Dishonor!"

Sounds = $SarAttack1

Sounds = $SarAttack2

[imgroupMove]

Sounds = $13-UM01         ;"No surrender!"

Sounds = $13-UM02         ;"As you wish!"

Sounds = $13-UM03         ;"Take no prisoners."

Sounds = $SarMove1

Sounds = $SarMove2

[imgroupSelection]

Sounds = $13-US08         ;"We are prepared!"

Sounds = $13-US00         ;"Imperial troops reporting."

Sounds = $13-US02         ;"Ready for battle."

Sounds = $SarSelect1

Sounds = $SarSelect2.

Now when I went ingame with the Sardaukar, they still said the same thing when I moved them, "No surrender"  so obviously I did something wrong. But I tinkered with the others and they all said the same things after I edited the other fields. Anyone got anything to contribute?

I remember a Topic about someone complaining "FOR THE DUKE, FOR THE DUKE, LETS GO, LETS GO" . But I cannot find this topic anywhere!! not even in the archives. I recall somone telling him where to edit but its just hazy, This was 6 years ago I saw that topic sooo.

Can you actually search in the archives? I find that archiving function to be really annoying, personally. It seems to remove the topics frm the normal search function, and it's closing a lot of the Dune II editing topics on which I can definitely still see future development.

I find that archiving function to be really annoying, personally. It seems to remove the topics frm the normal search function, and it's closing a lot of the Dune II editing topics on which I can definitely still see future development.

I can only tell you what Gobalopper said about this:

I want to keep the feature around as it should help speed things up.

Basically it moves posts that haven't been active in for over a year into a totally different table from the regular posts. This means fewer posts to sort through when doing the usual queries but still shows you the same content.

Perhaps if moderators were allowed to "unarchive" topics that would help a bit.