[Tutorial] How to add new music

Gruntlord6

This tutorial will cover how to add new music to the game. There are a few things you will need to get started:
-The RAD Video Tools
-An mp3 or wav sound file

-XCC Mixer

-D2K+ Table Editor

-Copy of Dune 2000 

The first step is to prepare the sound file with RAD Video Tools.

1. Open RAD Video Tools and select a sound file, then click the "Convert a file" button.

1.jpg

2. Enter the settings shown in the screenshot below (thanks Nyerguds), then select "Convert".

2.jpg

3. You will see dialogue a message saying the conversion is done. The output file name will be displayed in this window. Select "Done".

3.jpg

4. Close RAD Video Tools.

The second step is to convert the new .wav file to a .aud file using XCC Mixer.

1. Open XCC Mixer. Navigate through the menu so that it is displaying the folder containing the .wav file you created earlier in both sections.

2. Right click on the .wav file and select "copy as AUD".

4.jpg

3. Right click again and select "refresh". You should now see the .aud file in the directory.

5.jpg

4. Close XCC Mixer.

The third step is to edit the string file in Dune 2000 to contain the music information in the D2K+ Table Editor.

1. Open the D2K+ Table Editor as an administrator (right click on it and select "Run as administrator). Select the load button.

6.jpg

2. Navigate to your Dune 2000 installation directory, then navigate to data>UI_DATA>text.uib . In my case, the file path was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\data\UI_DATA\text.uib"

7.jpg

3. Scroll to the last entry, then select the button "Add After".

4. Double click the 1st field and enter "music_" and the name of the music file. In this example, it is "music_BennGess2".

5. Double click the 2nd field and enter the name you want the track to appear as in game.

6. Select the save button.

8.jpg

7. Close the Table Editor.

The final step is to copy the .aud file to the music directory. For me, this was located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\data\Music". Once you have done this, run the game to test it out. If you see your track listed in the music select menu, you have sucessfully added your music to the game! If you do not see your track listed, you need to ensure you entered the name exactly in the table editor, without spaces, and also check that you placed the .aud file in the correct folder.

example.png

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for tutorial, but i have a problem.

Music not starts from beginning, music starts maybe after 2-3 seconds. What i do wrong? Or this is normal? When music repeats after end - all ok.

Not matter If i add music or replace it  - the same problem

Video:

Seems more like a issue with your PC, really. You can always edit the sound file with Audacity and add a few seconds of silence at the start before converting it to AUD.

Where did you get that awesome version of the Sega music, though? :O

Thanks i will try this way.

Music:

Inrudiment - Trenching

-

Inrudiment - Command Post

Inrudiment - Lego Tune

Woooah... The Lego Tune is amongst them! That's my favourite track from the Sega version :D

(Spice Trip is in there too! Neat :D)

By the way, did you try playing your AUDs in XCC Mixer itself, to see if the problem was already there? It could always be an issue in the XCC AUD conversion.

Either way, though, editing it a bit to add some seconds of silence before it should fix it.

• Upvote 1

All music in game not starts from beginning. I think all have this problem.

This is not my video, but, after 4:57 when game starts you can hear music with this problem.

In this video the same

I don't have any issues with my game, I also didn't really hear anything wrong with the first video.

Woooah... The Lego Tune is amongst them! That's my favourite track from the Sega version :D

(Spice Trip is in there too! Neat :D)

By the way, did you try playing your AUDs in XCC Mixer itself, to see if the problem was already there? It could always be an issue in the XCC AUD conversion.

Either way, though, editing it a bit to add some seconds of silence before it should fix it.

Might as well complete the collection.  Turbulence from his youtube page.

• Upvote 1