The Bennett Map Cascadia modified by Gwizz

Gwizz

I've been playing this map for a while.   It is designed to use Hill's style of operating a Railroad.  

It may not be as hard as the original since I've made many changes to make it easier.

Game time should also be shorter; But it depends on how many RRs you call up to start.  There is a Possibility of 15 companies.

Most of the game play will be in the first year.  To do other wise will make the map harder.

I Have not been adding any extra RRs when I play as of late, as I was testing the map. 

Cascadia Modified by Gwizz 2.zip

• 2 weeks later...

If Map does't unzip.  Try the backup zipped copy below

attachicon.gifCascadia Modified by Gwizz 2.zip

Ciao, I tried your map, but I think I have not understood what were the key objectives. 
I have connected before New Salem, with Grand Ronde, then also Bend. 
I sent the required loads before in Albany, then also in Warm Springs and Grants Pass. 
Unfortunately, every time, I can not even get the bronze. 
So, I opened your map with the editor, but I do not understand the function of the "State Economic & GV4." 
I think it is for this reason that I continue to lose. 
Can you help me, please?

I enjoy starting a game with a sack of money.  This shortens the game by allowing the player to have wealth early.

While the game goes fast on this map you can easily get out of synch with the growth of the economic progression of the map. 

I didn't change anything related to the economy.  but you may need to discover the economic progression of the map. 

I found it easier to write out the Progression on paper before I started the game. 

This could be harder to do then I intended.  Sorry about that. 

I enjoy starting a game with a sack of money.  This shortens the game by allowing the player to have wealth early.

While the game goes fast on this map you can easily get out of synch with the growth of the economic progression of the map. 

I didn't change anything related to the economy.  but you may need to discover the economic progression of the map. 

I found it easier to write out the Progression on paper before I started the game. 

This could be harder to do then I intended.  Sorry about that. 

You can attach please a saved game, just before a victory? 
This might help me understand where I continue to make mistakes.

This was intended as a puzzle map.  It is different than a difficult map.  

Clues : ??????   There are some clues on the map but most are for the hidden space ship. 

Finding the space ship shouldn't help win a Gold or does it.  ??????

This was intended as a puzzle map.  It is different than a difficult map.  

Clues : ??????   There are some clues on the map but most are for the hidden space ship. 

Finding the space ship shouldn't help win a Gold or does it.  ??????

I still do not understand. 
My English is not the best, probably escapes me some clues. 
Each time, I end up flooded half the map. 
This almost always happens after I think I've achieved the objectives for the bronze. 
Unfortunately, I never got the confirmation for winning the bronze. 
Still, I give the loads required to Albany, and then connect the city. 
But soon after, here comes the water. 
Maybe there is something that escapes me. 
Give me a tip, I would like to get at least once, the bronze.

The most important information is to concentrate on completing the requirements in the correct order and as quick as possible.  

The clues for where the space ship is located is a fun thing and not important.

Question:

I was wondering about steam powered ships.  Not many of them around anymore.

Are you interested in their history or is your involvement a part of your employment.

I believe your Country may still have some steam railroads.  Might make for an interesting RRT2 map. 

Thought I would play the Bennett Map again.  Not using my notes since they are not very good scribbles of past games.

I completed one year.   I had added two AI RRs to start after the game started.  I merged one or two of the early AI RRs.  I forget since.

4 new RRs started.   I expected 3 to start.

Hill is worth almost 48 million.  The Cascadia RR bought 44 fast locos putting it 9 million in debt.   The other 9 RRs own total about 47 locos.

Of 10 RR companies the other 9 RRs 7 are a little in debt.  2 have no debt.

The Military- Indus. RR shows a value as almost 4 million in its net worth of industries. No Debt. 

I do All the adjusts while on pause.  I will re-adjust the locomotive routes before I start. 

One AI has 15 locos without routes.   I will use these to stockpile cement and steel.  No required cargo has been delivered yet.

This one year old game is part of an early clue.  You should have guessed what this clue referred to by now.

Next I plan to set up some routes that will stock pile ammo and equipment, etc.  Using the AI companies.

My locos will be used mostly for cargo and passengers that are not part of the requirements.  These trains will wait for full loads since the locos are very fast.

Well,  time for chores.