Change sides during gameplay

D2k Sardaukar

I'm not sure why it works for you now, it sounded like you installed it properly and I didn't change anything related to the function itself.

It first didn't show the menu to select difficulty, I downloaded the new one and now it did.

The first time I changed difficulty (with cheat engine) I thought the AI would get better and I didn't see anything change. Now I know it's (only) the prices that change.

It first didn't show the menu to select difficulty, I downloaded the new one and now it did.

The first time I changed difficulty (with cheat engine) I thought the AI would get better and I didn't see anything change. Now I know it's (only) the prices that change.

It seems like it would make sense for only the prices to change. 

Most games change the AI behavior as well (Halo Combat Evolved for example), so I can see where the expectation came from.

I know that, but I wouldn't expect the AI to change if you changed the difficulty in game. 

I know that, but I wouldn't expect the AI to change if you changed the difficulty in game. 

A lot of games let you change the difficulty while you play, which would affect the AI as well.

It changes the amount of enemy reinforcements dropped.

Does it? I've never had a chance to see what changes based on the difficulty for reinforcement drops, can you give an example?

• Upvote 2

in dune 2000 difficuly only changes money nothing else..

not even reinforcements..

unfortunately ai is same in all difficulty level..

I checked it it out a lot..

It changes the reinforcements.. i noticed it one time when i played one of my missions on easy and was wondering why it didnt drop all units i told it to.. from 2 tanks it dropped only one.. theres a topic about it here, u can check it out if u want but its prolly old.

So on easy the game doesnt drop all units, on medium i think it does. When i changed the diff to medium it dropped all. I doubt it was just a bug of that mission, im pretty sure thats how the game works. I think that ordos mission 9 which has a few light vehs attackng ur base fast is also a good example to try this.

It changes the reinforcements.. i noticed it one time when i played one of my missions on easy and was wondering why it didnt drop all units i told it to.. from 2 tanks it dropped only one.. theres a topic about it here, u can check it out if u want but its prolly old.

So on easy the game doesnt drop all units, on medium i think it does. When i changed the diff to medium it dropped all. I doubt it was just a bug of that mission, im pretty sure thats how the game works. I think that ordos mission 9 which has a few light vehs attackng ur base fast is also a good example to try this.

I'll test it out in survival mode and see what happens then.

• Upvote 1

I will check it also..

I will check it also..

Well it seems the game does a check exactly when the carryall touches the ground, and then decides whether or not to drop the full reinforcement load. In survival, the absolute minimum that will spawn at the 5 minute intervals is 3 Ordos Light Infantry, 3 Troopers, 3 trikes and 3 quads, but on easy it drops 2 trikes, 1 quad, 2 light infantry and 1 trooper instead. Medium and Hard seem to behave the same so far.

Edit: In the 1st Wave another carryall normally delivers 2 Combat Tanks, 1 Trike, 1 Quad, 1 Missile Tank and 1 Sonic Tank. On easy it delivers 1 Sonic Tank, 1 Combat Tank and a Trike.

• Upvote 4

Well it seems the game does a check exactly when the carryall touches the ground, and then decides whether or not to drop the full reinforcement load. In survival, the absolute minimum that will spawn at the 5 minute intervals is 3 Ordos Light Infantry, 3 Troopers, 3 trikes and 3 quads, but on easy it drops 2 trikes, 1 quad, 2 light infantry and 1 trooper instead. Medium and Hard seem to behave the same so far.

almost same conclusion here..

well that's great hard and medium seem same..

I updated the mod again, download links in the post have been updated.

The main change was the addition of the "Quit" button, which as you would imagine, allows you to quit the game. I also added a "SKIRMISH" button, which allows you to select the 7th house color (sandworm) and change worm spawn count, but disappointingly this does not apply unless you restart the mission.

I updated the mod again, download links in the post have been updated.

The main change was the addition of the "Quit" button, which as you would imagine, allows you to quit the game. I also added a "SKIRMISH" button, which allows you to select the 7th house color (sandworm) and change worm spawn count, but disappointingly this does not apply unless you restart the mission.

I've added seventh colour in the topic uil edits..

Worm spawn count in game??