Pause and scroll?

TheDailyVinyl

Stumbled upon my Dune 2K CD from, what, 15 years ago?, while getting the xmas decorations down. This is really the last game I seriously played and I thought I'd give it a go. I found the install I needed from this message board and got it up & running. THANKS GRUNTLORD!!!!!  

But, here's my question, I seem to remember being able to pause the game and scroll around.  But I can't remember the key and can't seem to find it online. Am I mis-remembering or just haven't hit the right key yet?  I seem to only be able to bring up the Options screen, but that doesn't let you scroll around.

Thanks all you nerds!!  ;)

'Nother question. I saved my game (Atredies mission #5) and um, it ain't there after Windows upgraded overnight. Does it still exist and loadable, or if it isn't in the load mission menu, it's gone??

I think that is one of the many joys of Windows. Something that Windows is doing to me now is that before I do a 30+ hour backup, I need to do a virus scan, or else it fails half way through. If Dune 2000 worked for Linux, I would use it all the time.

'Nother question. I saved my game (Atredies mission #5) and um, it ain't there after Windows upgraded overnight. Does it still exist and loadable, or if it isn't in the load mission menu, it's gone??

Did you run as an administrator or use the built in launcher? If so your save is stored in the regular save directory(Dune 2000\GameSave), otherwise windows stores it in a compatibility folder("C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\GameSave" in my case). The method used to launch the game determines which folder it uses to store and load the save data.

• Upvote 1