Muitl language for dune 2000

Morphosis

I tried Russian, but it did not work great for me because Dune 2000 or Windows does not have the special characters. So I got unreadable stuff.

What I did was, replace text.uib in /data/UI_DATA/ folder with a different language (renamed it to text.uib first) and then just placed UI_RUS.R16 in /data/ folder (you could also add UI_RUS.R8 for 8bit mode).

Keep in mind that you can only do this on vanilla (no patched to high resolution) Dune 2000 version or else you get bad battle screen controls. I haven't tested if you can run high resolution patch after changing language, I think it might work.

• Upvote 1

hey guys, i created a game launcher which is able to switch the languages using the files Morphosis created *link-removed*

it got some extra features too...:

pvpgn server support without the need to modify the hosts file

Inlcudes all needed wolapi files, no need to register/install it manually

switching between LAN and pvpgn works without adding/removing the LAN patch manually

it is able to join 5 different LAN lobbies (up to 30players) to bypass the 6player LAN limit people got on hamachi

@D2k Sardaukar Russian is not included yet, Morphosis already told me there are some problems ... It is probably because all the other languages share the same font but the russian one got a special font. I will check that out the next days...

I would like to add the 6player patch for WOL, riot told me there is one somewhere but i didnt talk to him yet

Dune2000Launcher.png

• Upvote 4

If you guys want any of these hosted on D2K+ let me know

If you like to share it, go ahead :D

The 6 player patch doesn't work on Windows NT based operating systems I believe, I remember i tried to get it working with shao but it didn't work. Perhaps it requires Win 9x?

THIS is the 6 player WOL patch

ah, too bad :(

maybe riot can put that pvpgn server up again, would be cool to have a test server

Adriano, are the buttons readable on the image below? It looks like a very small and bad font.

Yes, I can read. BUT only three buttons: "Starport", "Upgrade" and button in left top corner "Menu" ("Options" in English version). Buttons in the center of the screen are not readable.

Really, in vanilla English version font looks better. But this Russian font is possible to use, I suppose. Of course, these Russian captions on your image looks not perfect.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a 2 little problems ^^

1, Screen flickering

2. the sell and repair button dont work or not klickable

first add the language packs and then use the high res patch :) but still, i dunno if the high res patch supports all languages

flickering is not related to the language packs, but you can use the tiberian sun config to fix it up, get it here:

http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/ts-config.7z

extract it to your game folder and try through all renderers