Dune2000 on Steam

Kumul

Hi dune2k! (my English is poor)

Is it possible to add Dune2000 to the Steam?

I know Westwood Studios was purchased by EA in 2003, EA have all rights of game? EA can do this right?

Of course we are not going to put the game, we can just request this proposal to EA?

there are many games added to Steam much later than their release date

For example:

Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty: http://store.steamgames.com/app/6810/

Neighbours from Hell

etc...

If it can be, EA can update the game then release, bug fixes... (is it just a dream? :))

It would be perfect "steam workshop" on Dune2000  :) or multiplayer via Steam...

What do you think about this (dream)?

Hi dune2k! (my English is poor)

Is it possible to add Dune2000 to the Steam?

I know Westwood Studios was purchased by EA in 2003, EA have all rights of game? EA can do this right?

Of course we are not going to put the game, we can just request this proposal to EA?

there are many games added to Steam much later than their release date

For example:

Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty: http://store.steamgames.com/app/6810/

Neighbours from Hell

etc...

If it can be, EA can update the game then release, bug fixes... (is it just a dream? :))

It would be perfect "steam workshop" on Dune2000  :) or multiplayer via Steam...

What do you think about this (dream)?

It's a dream, EA doesn't give a shit for Dune 2000 nowadays.

You can try mailing them, but I'm afraid it won't reach the right person. Perhaps a real postcard to EA headquarters has more effect, ha.

lol... everybody knows it is not possible with mail etc... it is just can be with "community"

Maybe a "steam community" does this job...

Maybe if we ask nicely they will put it on Origin. I don't think they would put it on Steam.

They would at the very least need to rewrite the Game Installer like I did so it will actually run on modern systems. The main issue with that route is they would have to support the game, which without the source code they are ill equipped to do.

Maybe if we ask nicely they will put it on Origin. I don't think they would put it on Steam.

As i said, its not important that where the game released for companies, (origin or steam)

Companies only thing "the money"

So there are a lot of games copyright under EA but its released on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/publisher/Electronic%20Arts

They would at the very least need to rewrite the Game Installer like I did so it will actually run on modern systems. The main issue with that route is they would have to support the game, which without the source code they are ill equipped to do.

You right, usually the old games released after fixes their bugs or added new frameworks etc..

the most recent example is (Age Of Empires 2 HD): http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

The game revised before release.

Age of empires first released on 1999

Dune2000 first released on 1998

So AOE 1999 but now the game released again in 2013

Why Dune2000 not publish? (this question is not for "Gruntlord6" its for all :) )

I tell you once again, EA doesn't give a shit for Dune 2000 and will never do. It's a dead game, they basically now focus on ruining the C&C franchise with bad-named lame browser games which are aborted in the end cause they are too bad even for devs. That's EA :) Quit hoping that it will be added on Origin or Steam, Gruntlord was right. 

I tell you once again, EA doesn't give a shit for Dune 2000 and will never do. It's a dead game, they basically now focus on ruining the C&C franchise with bad-named lame browser games which are aborted in the end cause they are too bad even for devs. That's EA :) Quit hoping that it will be added on Origin or Steam, Gruntlord was right. 

It's not even a matter of interest, they don't have the technical ability to put the game up as it is, as they can't support it. Theres no where near enough interest for a remake though, so thats what it basically comes down to.

It's not even a matter of interest, they don't have the technical ability to put the game up as it is, as they can't support it. Theres no where near enough interest for a remake though, so thats what it basically comes down to.

If a new Dune movie (trilogy) would come out and it's a big hit, they might get interested.

• Upvote 2

Story based adventure game would probably be more likely, there's been two of them before. Even if there was a new film trilogy it's hard to see there ever being sufficient demand for a tie in game in today's market.

• Upvote 1

I really want Dune 2000 and Emperor on Steam but I don't think this will gonna happen anyway :)

But there is an option where you can add the games into the non-steam games list if you want.

why in steam??

what is the advantage??

i've never used steam so I don't know..

Yeah, why Steam and not GOG.com? IMO, getting this at GOG is kind of more likely ("kind of" meaning that chances are slim in either case).

True, because no one would need to add DRM to it.