Hello world, i am back.. sort off! :)

stefanhendriks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

do you know that it's possible to compile your old Ultra Dune II as a native windows program? i compiled it with the free MinGW compiler and the allegro for windows library, and i only had to change five lines to make it work. that means you could actually continue that project and get a directx windows game if you wanted to, without having to start from scratch. of course, this is just a suggestion. :)

in fact, i have MSVC 6. And yes, i have been figuring out lately how to compile UDUNE2, and it did work. Only delete a few lines of code (the extern volatile lines for the mouse) and add one line (END_OF_MAIN()) at the end of the cpp file, and it worked.

yes, i know what this could mean, and no i dont know if i really will continue working on it. But i must admit, its really, really, REALLY attractive.. ;)

Only delete a few lines of code (the extern volatile lines for the mouse) and add one line (END_OF_MAIN()) at the end of the cpp file, and it worked.

that's exactly what i did as well :)

those extern declarations gave me a bit of a headache first. i got lots of undefined references first and couldn't understand where they were from, because i had never actually looked at that header file. were those declarations not part of the allegro headers back when you wrote udune, or why did you have those declarations there?

when UDUNE was written, you had to define them yourself. In later versions of Allegro you didnt have to. First i was confused because i thought i had to define them.

Oh, well, i might aswell let you know i am 'trying' to get some code working. But then again, i dont promise anything.