Side Specific Units

dodgevipergts

Hello. I've recently started modding Dune 2000 again and have been trying to make light vehicles side specific.

Atraides: Trike

Harkonen: Quad

Ordos: Raider

My problem is the side specific units still show up and are order-able in the Starport menu for all factions. And at the start of the game all sides start with trikes and quads, despite them being side specific now. I realise Dune 2000 is very limited, but i hope there is a way round these problems.

thanks in advance

Hello. I've recently started modding Dune 2000 again and have been trying to make light vehicles side specific.

Atraides: Trike

Harkonen: Quad

Ordos: Raider

My problem is the side specific units still show up and are order-able in the Starport menu for all factions. And at the start of the game all sides start with trikes and quads, despite them being side specific now. I realise Dune 2000 is very limited, but i hope there is a way round these problems.

thanks in advance

in tibed 1 there is a button for disabling starport units..

check that out..

Everytime i try to disable a unit from the starport the game crashes when starting a skirmish

Make sure you replace it with something, the starport menu must contain EXACTLY 8 units. So make sure it's not less or more than 8.

I've started a playlist of YouTube video tutorials about TibEd, I'll cover that part too soon. :)

EDIT: Can you tell me the error ?

Make sure you replace it with something, the starport menu must contain EXACTLY 8 units. So make sure it's not less or more than 8.

I've started a playlist of YouTube video tutorials about TibEd, I'll cover that part too soon. :)

EDIT: Can you tell me the error ?

Cheers that worked. Shame theres no way to make the starport only allowed to drop there team specific vehicle though.

true, but i can't get other vehicles to be side specific

if you want switch combat tanks in the vanilla game to specific units like trike quad and raider by copying specific values but they'll have one name..

don't change the in game icons..

rename them as light vehicles and change the original raider trike abducted quad to. any tabs or unit you want them to be..

change one to a common tank and the rest to make your own machines..

I did something like this to create flame tank and two more thanks in my upcoming dune2000 mod emperor chronicles..

didn't understand tell me to repeat clearly as I'm writing this in a hurry..

NOTE:if you want a more detailed guide for this I'll put up it in modding section in my site.. only after a request.. I can do this by tomorrow only..

if you want switch combat tanks in the vanilla game to specific units like trike quad and raider by copying specific values but they'll have one name..

don't change the in game icons..

rename them as light vehicles and change the original raider trike abducted quad to. any tabs or unit you want them to be..

change one to a common tank and the rest to make your own machines..

I did something like this to create flame tank and two more thanks in my upcoming dune2000 mod emperor chronicles..

didn't understand tell me to repeat clearly as I'm writing this in a hurry..

NOTE:if you want a more detailed guide for this I'll put up it in modding section in my site.. only after a request.. I can do this by tomorrow only..

i've done this, but i also want side specific tanks