Dune 2000 IDA database available?

Iran

Hey MVI! Hows it going?

Hey man, I'm good, taking a bit of a break from Dune stuff. Heading up my own game at the studio I work at, which is awesome but nackering. How are things with you?

Can we tempt you back into some Dune 2000 reverse engineering? ;-)

• Upvote 3

Nice! Glad to see someone took over from me and finally got it working, is it bug free?

I heard the patch contains replacements for the smallest mission maps to increase their size, so I assume they didn't actually fix maps smaller than the resolution crashing the game.

I heard the patch contains replacements for the smallest mission maps to increase their size, so I assume they didn't actually add a fix for maps smaller than the resolution crashing the game.

Whut? Oh, yeah, it's kinda of a cheap fix to just make the too small maps, for a certain high resolution, bigger to prevent a game crash, but it works. Fixing this in the game engine might be difficult, especially since there is no error message.

Well, in C&C95 I had a similar problem; the game crashed on small maps when moving the mouse cursor outside the actual map area (as in, outside the actual terrain defined by the map file, not just out of the normally-playable map. C&C maps are all 64x64 internally). Of course, I have no idea exactly what the problem is in Dune 2000; all I know is that it has these replacement maps.

Well, in C&C95 I had a similar problem; the game crashed on small maps when moving the mouse cursor outside the actual map area (as in, outside the actual terrain defined by the map file, not just out of the normally-playable map. C&C maps are all 64x64 internally). Of course, I have no idea exactly what the problem is in Dune 2000; all I know is that it has these replacement maps.

My guess is that it tries to render non existent terrain, which is why when you fill it with empty space (the black tiles that cannot be used) the game works fine.

Well, the crash I had in C&C was caused by the fact the context-sensitive mouse cursor didn't know what to change to when moved over that nonexistent terrain.

The non-refreshing black area issue remains, but I really can't be bothered to do anything about that, since it's just a graphics glitch anyway.

Well, the crash I had in C&C was caused by the fact the context-sensitive mouse cursor didn't know what to change to when moved over that nonexistent terrain.

The non-refreshing black area issue remains, but I really can't be bothered to do anything about that, since it's just a graphics glitch anyway.

I disabled all mouse cursor effects, but it still crashes.