Dune 2000 IDA database available?

Iran

I'm interesting in working on adding support for Dune 2000 to CnCNet v5. CnCNet v5 is a service for Red Alert 1 and Command & Conquer 1, and hopefully TS soon too if CCHyper gets the spawner code working. They require a patched EXE with "spawner" code, this spawner code reads an INI file at startup and launches an (online) match with the settings from the INI file. As part of that hifi added support for this spawner to the ra303p patch for Red Alert 1.

You can see the ra303p code for it here:

https://github.com/cnc-patch/ra303p/blob/master/src/spawn.asm

It requires a bit of things to be known. CCHyper told me Dune 2000 works different from C&C games internally.

More info about CnCNet v5 can be found at: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2505.0

I'm interesting in working on adding support for Dune 2000 to CnCNet v5. CnCNet v5 is a service for Red Alert 1 and Command & Conquer 1, and hopefully TS soon too if CCHyper gets the spawner code working. They require a patched EXE with "spawner" code, this spawner code reads an INI file at startup and launches an (online) match with the settings from the INI file. As part of that hifi added support for this spawner to the ra303p patch for Red Alert 1.

You can see the ra303p code for it here:

https://github.com/cnc-patch/ra303p/blob/master/src/spawn.asm

It requires a bit of things to be known. CCHyper told me Dune 2000 works different from C&C games internally.

More info about CnCNet v5 can be found at: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2505.0

didn't get you..

what is the topic about??

So you want a patched .exe (or .dat file for Dune 2000) that reads an INI file at start-up and sets map/color/name/house/etc automatically in Dune 2000 for multiplayer games?  Sounds very difficult.

Perhaps things get easier if you would just skip menu's and directly go to the game with the INI settings, but I'm not sure that's possible with only changing the exe/dat file.

So you want a patched .exe (or .dat file for Dune 2000) that reads an INI file at start-up and sets map/color/name/house/etc automatically in Dune 2000 for multiplayer games?  Sounds very difficult.

Perhaps things get easier if you would just skip menu's and directly go to the game with the INI settings, but I'm not sure that's possible with only changing the exe/dat file.

No, a patched EXE that loads all settings needed for an online multiplayer match and then puts you right into that match, bypassing any menus. Basically to allow matches to be launched externally by the CnCnet v5 software.

No, a patched EXE that loads all settings needed for an online multiplayer match and then puts you right into that match, bypassing any menus. Basically to allow matches to be launched externally by the CnCnet v5 software.

I honestly don't see much of a point, all we really need is a game server.

It'll allow for CnCNet v5 support, so a running game server.

I took a look at the game EXE and like CCHyper said the studio who worked on it wrote their own engine, there's almost zero C&C1 or RA1 code left and everything has its own names.It still doesn't look impossible, I'm curious about how to game adds human players for online matches and how does it initializes the network stuff for online games.

online match as in internet match??

will internet match work with the menus??

This is more than awesome. I know how CnCNet 5 is and if Iran and others manage to add Dune 2000 on it this will be great. The connection is good, the player count is good and the lobby program is also good. I really hope you guys will make it, I know dune2k doesn't have the most user friendly engine but I trust your programming skills. :)

I'm assuming you are Iran from renegade? :D

that is whats its about, a free server for an unlimited amount of players!

With some cool extra features like password protected games, private chat, map previews in the game room and more ..

We already have support in PVPGN, which would be more then adequate once someone deploys a server.