win7 small screen

ziko

Hi there,

Unlike other dune folks here  i was able to install d2k pretty easily.Everything seems to be ok i can play,complete missions etc.. But the thing which  really annoys me is that altough game is full screen but map itself is only on small area in the middle of it(640x480p) and everything around remains black.

I've  tried various compatibility settings but nothing helped.

Im running Win7 32bit .

thanks in advance

Hi there,

Unlike other dune folks here i was able to install d2k pretty easily.Everything seems to be ok i can play,complete missions etc.. But the thing which really annoys me is that altough game is full screen but map itself is only on small area in the middle of it(640x480p) and everything around remains black.

I've tried various compatibility settings but nothing helped.

Im running Win7 32bit .

thanks in advance

can you show a screenshot??

tell which version of dune 2000 are you running??

Thanks for quick reply

Im currently running version 1.02 but previously i pacthed it do 1.06 and it didnt help.So i reinstalled the game and tried some other optiions and version remained 1.02

screenshot attached in link

http://clip2net.com/s/67EdKW

where you got the dune 2000??

this is a weird problem..

did you crop the screenshot because the resolution of the screenshot is not one of the standard resolutions..

did you crop the screenshot because the resolution of the screenshot is not one of the standard resolutions..

That happened with my install from my original CD too, it stayed at 1.02 in the main menu.

That happened with my install from my original CD too, it stayed at 1.02 in the main menu.

ok..

this is weird..

clearly somethin has gone wrong..

my disc had no probs whatsoever best person to ask on the prob is d2k sardaukar..

as he is the one dealing with dat files..

ziko's seems to be a different prob.. his screen nd dune2000 are in different resolutions..

again d2k sardaukar is best person to consult..

Ziko can you tell me from where got your copy of dune2000..

actually i kind of made a picture bacause original would tell you nothing.Because when I printscreen it it shows only like game area.

In other words it looks like in the attachment.... game itself seen in the center is 640x480p and my screen is 1366x768 everething but 640x480p game area is black.I cant explain it better :)

About dune .it is not original cd it is some downloaded version i lost my original cd ages ago.

Hi there,

Unlike other dune folks here  i was able to install d2k pretty easily.Everything seems to be ok i can play,complete missions etc.. But the thing which  really annoys me is that altough game is full screen but map itself is only on small area in the middle of it(640x480p) and everything around remains black.

I've  tried various compatibility settings but nothing helped.

Im running Win7 32bit .

thanks in advance

Your graphics card should have an option to choose for scaling or add black borders when a game is not native (Windows) resolution. I would however advise to download and use the High Resolution Patch. Just put the whole folder (with patcher) from the zip file into the Dune 2000 folder and run it: http://d2kplus.com/hires.php

Or follow this post: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/19636-dune2k-high-resolution/?p=384351

Your graphics card should have an option to choose for scaling or add black borders when a game is not native (Windows) resolution. I would however advise to download and use the High Resolution Patch. Just put the whole folder (with patcher) from the zip file into the Dune 2000 folder and run it: http://d2kplus.com/hires.php

Or follow this post: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/19636-dune2k-high-resolution/?p=384351

fiinaaaaaaaaaally thanks a lot guys i followed mentioned post and it worked. I think the problem was in my copy of d2k because i tried hi res patch before and it ended with error.now menus are stil 640x480 but game itself is in 1366x768 .Wow thats a whole new experience after month of low res thanks again.big up for your work here

• Upvote 3