Release: Dune 2000 Rise of the Mercenaries Demo

Gruntlord6

• 3 months later...

I got custom music working, and I think I have learned enough about the menu in the last few days to make the final release stand alone when it is completed. This means you would not need the original game, and it will only have the menus and files needed for the mod. The standalone would allow me to make menu customizations I otherwise wouldn't want to make, such as changing the in game briefing and default music.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.6.1.4 has been released. Changes to Rise Of The Mercenaries were included. From the notes:

-Fixed an issue where an improper string entry was displayed in M1V1

-4 new music tracks: New Beginning (originally titled Ben Gess 2), House 
Corrino,Mekanikz Tweek and Misuse Of Force (originally titled Misuse). 
Credit to DJCID for the first 3 tracks and Kevin MacLeod for Misuse.
-Mission 2 was added. This is the first release of mission 2, and should any 
bugs be encountered please report them.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mission 2 is quite a challenge...haven't noticed any bugs yet

I think I noticed a small oversight in mission 1 when I compared it to the Westwood missions. If you destroy all the buildings an AI controls it will still guard the area normally, where as in a westwood mission the AI will "beserk" and send all remaining units in a frenzy. I might release an update later to add this in.

Mission 2 was designed to be much harder then mission 1, and from a story standpoint it should be. I myself found it quite hard but I was able to beat it after a few tries. Do you think I should have mission 3 be the same difficulty?

• 5 months later...

You need to change the game resolution. 

That depends: if he's running the game in Win98 compatibility mode like a lot of people do because of the flickering graphics, he only needs to turn that off and the game will work in 1080p. I don't really recommend doing that though, there's a chance you'll get the flickering back and 1080p is a ridiculously large resolution for D2k.

That depends: if he's running the game in Win98 compatibility mode like a lot of people do because of the flickering graphics, he only needs to turn that off and the game will work in 1080p. I don't really recommend doing that though, there's a chance you'll get the flickering back and 1080p is a ridiculously large resolution for D2k.

1080p is pretty handy when you don't want to scroll to see the map. That said, 1024x768 alone is a pretty big improvement.

Does doing that to get rid of the flickering work all the time?

• 1 year later...

hi...discussion stopped at this point ? After quite time I installed gruntmods dune2000 1.6.2 and was curious about Raise od mercenaries campaign.In Mission 1 after defeating "first" house and allies changed to enemies and fight stsrted I received Too many deliveries error.  I have win8.1, quite good pc ma hine, i also have connected another source of signal into my main monitor, but it's not dual monitor setup.

Mission 2, I need to understand that countdown running in top corner of the display. The goal is to survive till 0:00 ? I almost made it today, the last unit destroyed at 05:35 countdown. Do I got it right ?   Looks like there is no third mission yet, it just says Placeholder.

Great job by the way, strong spirit of Dune2000 story and original campaign achieved !!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2016 at 2:35 PM, maros said:

hi...discussion stopped at this point ? After quite time I installed gruntmods dune2000 1.6.2 and was curious about Raise od mercenaries campaign.In Mission 1 after defeating "first" house and allies changed to enemies and fight stsrted I received Too many deliveries error.  I have win8.1, quite good pc ma hine, i also have connected another source of signal into my main monitor, but it's not dual monitor setup.

Mission 2, I need to understand that countdown running in top corner of the display. The goal is to survive till 0:00 ? I almost made it today, the last unit destroyed at 05:35 countdown. Do I got it right ?   Looks like there is no third mission yet, it just says Placeholder.

Great job by the way, strong spirit of Dune2000 story and original campaign achieved !!

Mission 1 is a bug, it doesn't occur often but I'm still planning on fixing it.

Mission 2 is a countdown, if you live to see it reach 0 you win.

Mission 3 is still being worked on, haven't had much time these days.