Missing stuff or cancelled stuff from Dune 2000

THE AQIB

I'm posting here all the elements i found out in ".uil" ".uib" and ".dat" files..

*Head to Head game

*Co operative game

*In game voice chat

*A turret less powerful than gun turret

{ small turret=removed, medium turret=gun turret, large turret=rocket turret }

*ornithopter for all houses

*A missing unit\building used in level 0

{easily found in .uil files }

I'll add stuff if i get to know..

I'm presently trying to reverse engineer LAN gaming..

-THE AQIB

• Upvote 2

The thing I want atm is

1) enabling co-op or any type of MISSIOn type of maps ovr skirmish/online/LAN

2) possibility to improve practice and LAN AI, LAN AI is better than practice AI

As I said above I'm reverse engineering the lan so I can unblock the buildings on lan map..

thus creating a cooperative campaign..

but I guess I need to dig deep into the dat file..

As for the ai files can u tell me how luminar created his modified ai??

if it is binary editing I can try to do it..

well   this small turret presumably was possible  flak gun or similar to that.   restoring deleted functions will be almost impossible without writting   these functions back ,  problem is that would take time to rewrite stuff .  the co-op  mode would make  a good step.  player designed campagin missions for online fighting.   would be  good to see back the voice cchat too

• Upvote 1

well   this small turret presumably was possible  flak gun or similar to that.   restoring deleted functions will be almost impossible without writting   these functions back ,  problem is that would take time to rewrite stuff .  the co-op  mode would make  a good step.  player designed campagin missions for online fighting.   would be  good to see back the voice cchat too

pretty spot on. someone would need to basically rewrite the game code to support it.

• Upvote 1

well this small turret presumably was possible flak gun or similar to that. restoring deleted functions will be almost impossible without writting these functions back , problem is that would take time to rewrite stuff . the co-op mode would make a good step. player designed campagin missions for online fighting. would be good to see back the voice cchat too

what would be the best way to edit the .exe/.dat files??

I'm still doing binary modification on it..

well using tasm32 or masm wont make any progress either. . without any really good disassembler , hex edting is only way to find things.

as for deleted unit, this was proven by somebody maybe gruntlord or mvi that thwy found invisible infantry that moves only on sand and dont want to go into rocks , it does no damage to enemy or own units, cant attack buldings etc.

well using tasm32 or masm wont make any progress either. . without any really good disassembler , hex edting is only way to find things. as for deleted unit, this was proven by somebody maybe gruntlord or mvi that thwy found invisible infantry that moves only on sand and dont want to go into rocks , it does no damage to enemy or own units, cant attack buldings etc.

I actually think AImegabot or whatever his name was found that one out.

well using tasm32 or masm wont make any progress either. . without any really good disassembler , hex edting is only way to find things. as for deleted unit, this was proven by somebody maybe gruntlord or mvi that thwy found invisible infantry that moves only on sand and dont want to go into rocks , it does no damage to enemy or own units, cant attack buldings etc.

This could be fremen worm rider unit..

The unit which i pointed out was a basic unit.. A unit either used for basic defense or a building for something else maybe an turret building without firing ability but field of vision is high..

I actually think AImegabot or whatever his name was found that one out.

Yep, deja vu.

To this Some Fed2k forum people had doubt that Nuclear_harvester is Amigabot or whatever that name was..

But I have a guess both are related but not the same people..

To this Some Fed2k forum people had doubt that Nuclear_harvester is Amigabot or whatever that name was..

But I have a guess both are related but not the same people..

Better not start this subject again

I'd be very grateful to the guy who would manage to enable events, conditions and other .mis stuff for skirmish/LAN/online. That would be really a HUGE step.

• Upvote 2

I'd be very grateful to the guy who would manage to enable events, conditions and other .mis stuff for skirmish/LAN/online. That would be really a HUGE step.

Honestly not sure why he bothered to bring that up. Regarding the events etc working with multiplayer, perhaps someone should take a look at the practice.mis and see what exactly it contains.

I'm posting here all the elements i found out in ".uil" ".uib" and ".dat" files..

*Head to Head game

*Co operative game

*In game voice chat

-THE AQIB

Is level 0 the test mission?

Honestly not sure why he bothered to bring that up. Regarding the events etc working with multiplayer, perhaps someone should take a look at the practice.mis and see what exactly it contains.

I'm trying this now but I seem lost..

If I have any breakthrough I'll post em soon..

It's possible if we can reverse engineer Lan gaming and make it more like cooperative it would be a real breakthrough..

But for now I'm lost in the codes..

• Upvote 1

I'm trying this now but I seem lost..

If I have any breakthrough I'll post em soon..

It's possible if we can reverse engineer Lan gaming and make it more like cooperative it would be a real breakthrough..

But for now I'm lost in the codes..

I can try reverse engineer LAN gaming to create Cooperative but I'm not editing skirmish as of now..

Online is not accessible so there is no use of it..

But if we can exit online coding I would need help in it..

Who can help me in it?? That is only if somethin is achieved..

Very interesting subject, and it looks so... familiar.

*Head to Head game

*Co operative game

*In game voice chat

-THE AQIB

I don't know if it is true, but these are the plausible things that I have heard in the past:

It might have been trolling, since I doubt most of it....

The in game voice chat was still experimental. Some Westwood folks where working on it. And I believe, based on the same technology as they finally used in Starcraft2. But they never had a chance to finish it. After all, almost all the Westwood employs where kicked out. Or left themselves. Most players where using a different method anyway. So EA didn't want to put any money into the development. Since they wanted the game finished asap.

The original Gun Turret was anti infantry. However, for "balancing" the game. They removed the anti infantry variant. And put the name on the "cannon" variant Turret. 1 anti infantry, 1 anti tank and 1 anti air was the original plan. However, there wasn't going to be much air....

A variant on this is that the third turret was the real anti air turret. But then again, not much air.

Ornithopters for all houses? Well, they wanted the Atreides and Ordos have them, but not the Harkonnen. Just like in the original Dune 2. But they didn't know how to implement it yet. And time was short. They only had 1 high tech. And the engine looks like that of Red Alert. In Red Alert you have heli pads or airfields. Kinda a lot of puzzle pieces that didn't quite fit together. You still see an Ornithopter in the Harkonnen cut screen. There must have been some kind of mistake back then. You see the "corrections" in EBFD. Where even the Harkonnen have Ornithopters. Finally they decided to go with the simple air strike variant for the Ornithopters. No missiles. But "grenade" bombs where the choice.

The missing building in mission 0. Might be trigger related. After all, you win each mission by destroying all enemy units and thus structures. Right? If not, please tell me. Is it the default Trigger? If so, I suspect that, that structure dies when the needed spice has been harvested. Does the structure have health, and/or a location outside of the map?

• Upvote 2

Very interesting subject, and it looks so... familiar.

I don't know if it is true, but these are the plausible things that I have heard in the past:

It might have been trolling, since I doubt most of it....

The in game voice chat was still experimental. Some Westwood folks where working on it. And I believe, based on the same technology as they finally used in Starcraft2. But they never had a chance to finish it. After all, almost all the Westwood employs where kicked out. Or left themselves. Most players where using a different method anyway. So EA didn't want to put any money into the development. Since they wanted the game finished asap.

The original Gun Turret was anti infantry. However, for "balancing" the game. They removed the anti infantry variant. And put the name on the "cannon" variant Turret. 1 anti infantry, 1 anti tank and 1 anti air was the original plan. However, there wasn't going to be much air....

A variant on this is that the third turret was the real anti air turret. But then again, not much air.

Ornithopters for all houses? Well, they wanted the Atreides and Ordos have them, but not the Harkonnen. Just like in the original Dune 2. But they didn't know how to implement it yet. And time was short. They only had 1 high tech. And the engine looks like that of Red Alert. In Red Alert you have heli pads or airfields. Kinda a lot of puzzle pieces that didn't quite fit together. You still see an Ornithopter in the Harkonnen cut screen. There must have been some kind of mistake back then. You see the "corrections" in EBFD. Where even the Harkonnen have Ornithopters. Finally they decided to go with the simple air strike variant for the Ornithopters. No missiles. But "grenade" bombs where the choice.

The missing building in mission 0. Might be trigger related. After all, you win each mission by destroying all enemy units and thus structures. Right? If not, please tell me. Is it the default Trigger? If so, I suspect that, that structure dies when the needed spice has been harvested. Does the structure have health, and/or a location outside of the map?

Nope, the win event can be triggered by a condition like "cash <value>" as well not only by base destruction.