Newbie campaign complains and questions in one :)

Pavan

I don't know if i shall continue play through this 3 campaigns..or instead test Dune 2/2000 for funnier campaigns,

It would be nice if you helped me to make up my mind by commenting this

1: Mission objective interface isn't wery clear, instead it describes a briefing (and that text is also mutiplyd for no obvious reason) where you self must make conclusions what to do,

did Westwood still taut it was 1996 and thei programmed Red Alert ? i think it existed games in 2001 that had incoming transmission in-game movies.

Couldn't we at least have a data voice reading the objectives for us.

2: It doesn't seem to matter though...cause a rescue mission doesn't seem to demand a rescue many times?.

Will it be only this "destroy enemy base" over and over again missions that involves resource gathering,

and the outcome of the destroyed base must have been that you also  saved the prisoners?. I don't feel involved in those missions as it could have been.

2: I have played 5 Atreides missions so far, with this between-mission-moving-map-gameplay that have no storytelling in certain order...

that seems to naturally strip clean of mission movies? when/will there be campaign movies at all?.

This game comes with many cd's because it shall involve movies as i understood it? or have i misunderstand.

3: Can we right click to move troops or not? in all more modern Westwood game its suppose to be menu settings?

where you can make the choice yourself whether you can shall right/left click. Do you ever get used to left button yourself forward in the terrain?.

4:  Do you like this phenomenon that you get reinforcements ever 4 minute? i seem to hate it :)

Cause im building a large base here but i actually don't need to build most units, cause i get the mightiest of units ready to attack enemy base after 10 minutes of reinforcements.

So i  think the missions seem to be to easy.

5: Rally point flag doest show that you have clicked the ground for the new rally point, isn't that annoying as hell?.

6: The Atreides music seems to shuffle between 2 songs only so? will there be any additions?.

I don't know if i shall continue play through this 3 campaigns..or instead test Dune 2/2000 for funnier campaigns,

It would be nice if you helped me to make up my mind by commenting this

1: Mission objective interface isn't wery clear, instead it describes a briefing (and that text is also mutiplyd for no obvious reason) where you self must make conclusions what to do,

did Westwood still taut it was 1996 and thei programmed Red Alert ? i think it existed games in 2001 that had incoming transmission in-game movies.

Couldn't we at least have a data voice reading the objectives for us.

2: It doesn't seem to matter though...cause a rescue mission doesn't seem to demand a rescue many times?.

Will it be only this "destroy enemy base" over and over again missions that involves resource gathering,

and the outcome of the destroyed base must have been that you also saved the prisoners?. I don't feel involved in those missions as it could have been.

2: I have played 5 Atreides missions so far, with this between-mission-moving-map-gameplay that have no storytelling in certain order...

that seems to naturally strip clean of mission movies? when/will there be campaign movies at all?.

This game comes with many cd's because it shall involve movies as i understood it? or have i misunderstand.

3: Can we right click to move troops or not? in all more modern Westwood game its suppose to be menu settings?

where you can make the choice yourself whether you can shall right/left click. Do you ever get used to left button yourself forward in the terrain?.

4: Do you like this phenomenon that you get reinforcements ever 4 minute? i seem to hate it :)

Cause im building a large base here but i actually don't need to build most units, cause i get the mightiest of units ready to attack enemy base after 10 minutes of reinforcements.

So i think the missions seem to be to easy.

5: Rally point flag doest show that you have clicked the ground for the new rally point, isn't that annoying as hell?.

6: The Atreides music seems to shuffle between 2 songs only so? will there be any additions?.

tryout the new missions in dune 2000 if you want variety and ads said in point 1 in game objectives change..

but not one of the modders have implemented this as of yet..

I don't know abt songs but I seem to remember more tHn 2 songs in dune 2000..

set your own reinforcements cause in dune 2000 they only can reinforce you not build an army with it..

however you got a nocd patch for dune 2000..

for now I suggest you take on dune 2000 playing and modding..

later on you do as you wish..

You seem to like Dune2000 a bit ;). And honestly i was primary interested in that also, but as far as i have heard

its impossible to install it on win 7 so i picked Emperor instead.

Do you got any remake-mods on your sites alike the original campaign of dune2000?

and completed projects working on win 7.

Btw did you experience any ingame movies in Emperor? except 17 intro movies.

tryout the new missions in dune 2000 if you want variety and ads said in point 1 in game objectives change..
but not one of the modders have implemented this as of yet..

I don't know abt songs but I seem to remember more tHn 2 songs in dune 2000..

set your own reinforcements cause in dune 2000 they only can reinforce you not build an army with it..

however you got a nocd patch for dune 2000..

for now I suggest you take on dune 2000 playing and modding..
later on you do as you wish..

Dune 2000 does work on Windows 7, dunno where you heared that it doesnt work. There is a topic in the Dune 2000 section about how to get a working Win 7 version, or you can get Gruntmods edition that works as well.

Click my signature, it will redirect you to http://d2kplus.com/ where you can find a variety of missions, full new campaigns, patches & fixes for you to enjoy. Note, Dune 2000 has a hi-res patch now so u ca fully enjoy it with that.

I want to be honest with you though, in the original Dune 2000 campaigns the objective is still around 95% still just destroying the enemies, but I find it more fun because there are more sides at once in a mission + Ordos has mercenary allies starting from mission 7. Although, my campaigns (which can be found on d2kplus.com - Atreides, Mercenary and Ix Campaigns - ) have a variety of mission objectives as well as allies for each one of them, allies make this game awesome trust me. Also other members' campaigns have these things, if u wanna have a fast look on the missions/things we have on d2kplus.com u can watch some videos from my channel (link in signature).

About emperor videos, there are some, I remember them, you get some at the end of missions I think, not sure if any while in a mission, I don't remember.

• Upvote 1