Dune 2000 modding questions

THE AQIB

Well, I keep this post open to all who want to ask questions on Dune 2000 modding and such.

• Post your questions with numbers.
  • Anyone who knows the answer just tell "to the question no. x the answer is so nd so".
I'll post the first one in the next post.

I wish everyone to use this post as a FAQ and a place to ask questions.

I'll certainly pin your post, but did you mean "modding" or "molding"? ???

Also, what do you think about moving this thread to the Dune Editing section?

my bad.. my stupid T9 dictionary did tht.. :-P well about moving of the post I feel it's better its in here but if you think moving will be better so be it..

hey there,i just saw this topic,and i have a question:

1. How do i can use random colors on the houses? like in Ixian campaign.

i saw some colors in the colorous.uib file. so,how i can use them ?

can be done it without Hex Coding?

answer to question 2 by kostik13

well in colours.uib the colours are only used in the interface.. you can't use it in-game..

in-game colours have a precodded pallete..

this pallete is till now either nt accessible or nt accessed yet..

as for colours.uib they are used seldom but if you make changes to the colours u might see where all in interface othr is used..

if you go into .Uil files the colour names mentioned in the colours.uib are found..

but as an image is overlaying it the colours are not seen..

jus cut all button bmp/tga from uidata folder of dune2000 and u'll see all red..

try it.. :-P

in-game colours need a master reverse engineer to modify

(ps: I posted the first question..)

• 5 weeks later...

hey there,i just saw this topic,and i have a question:

1. How do i can use random colors on the houses? like in Ixian campaign.

i saw some colors in the colorous.uib file. so,how i can use them ?

can be done it without Hex Coding?

in my last projects you will find a colours.bin file.try it  :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm almost done my second scenario (after done I'll upload it for other users), so I have 4 questions:

1. I created two scenario (in total 12 copies to play each side), 1. scenario work excellent but when I click start in briefing in my 2. scenario I have an error: Trying to access side out of range (117) [ gGameTicks = 0 ] and I don't know what is bad (maybe too much set reinforcements or too much thing on the map, I don't know)

2. While swaping colors in graphics editor, Emperor's Palace changes to Harkonnen Palace (or other according by color), so when I play as Emperor I haven't Emperor's Palace (only other) and I can't recruiting Sardakuars.

3. It's possible to change (if yes, what are the files) sounds of Mentat (and music in the background automatically) when I play as Emperor or Fremen?

I don't know why when I play as Fremen (phisically as Atreides you know) or Emperor (phisically as Harkonenn) I have a music and Mentat's voice from Ordos (hm, units sound too -.-) - it's less climatically for me

4. It's possible to make Fremens from Sietch (but not how is in Luminars Campaign - there this work, that I recruit Fremen from Barracks)

Thanks in advance for answers and/or links to answers.

anser 1  -   there might be too much walls on map  too much turrwets , also can happen when there is too much units too .  remove  unwanted  turrets/walls and check if it works.

2.  yes   but make sure sietch is assigned to atreides house ,,  get an  touch with   stealth fremen and change bulding from atreides palace to sietch

anser 1  -   there might be too much walls on map  too much turrwets , also can happen when there is too much units too .  remove  unwanted  turrets/walls and check if it works.

2.  yes   but make sure sietch is assigned to atreides house ,,  get an  touch with   stealth fremen and change bulding from atreides palace to sietch

I'll check it up, but about fremens from sietch - I supposed that it will works, but if I will make changes then when I'll play as Atreides I could make them too (also other AI when it control this side, whats more Fremen's AI couldn't make them if I don't make the same changes - same like in Luminars Campaign - to remind; every Fremen's AI could make them, even when was a brown side e.g. - player was an Atreides phisically)

i've done fremen from steitch in my brothers fremen saga mod..

i need to see it again before i can tell you how to do it..

about the sound thingy..

even i'm trying to fix that..

the only way to fix it is by reverse engineering dune2000.dat..

binary editing..

i've done fremen from steitch in my brothers fremen saga mod..

i need to see it again before i can tell you how to do it..

about the sound thingy..

even i'm trying to fix that..

the only way to fix it is by reverse engineering dune2000.dat..

binary editing..

I see this is a very hard problem ;/.

Ok so, is still one unexplained problem about Emperor's Palace.

For now, I still have a problem with Map (out of range..) - I'll upload files and here is my request, to see what and how.

Next, I have a one new problem - looped messages - when the opponent is destroyed, appropriate message loops.

How we know, this is a very annoying thing.

About Emperor's Palace problem - "2. While swaping colors in graphics editor, Emperor's Palace changes to Harkonnen Palace (or other according by color), so when I play as Emperor I haven't Emperor's Palace (only other) and I can't recruiting Sardakuars."

http://speedy.sh/AQsQh/A3V1.MIS

http://speedy.sh/KyJyW/A3V1.MAP

About map - maybe I have too much spice on the map - I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, I'm sorry that only now I'm writing but I had no time earlier.

So, I don't how, but this is strange for me. To fix up my problem with "[...]out of memory" error I removed over 70% of spice and some turrent&walls from the map.

(after that I copied map files to other missions with swap colors for subhouses of course)

And what is strangest - when I start the Atreides, all is fine, but when I start other scenario (Ordos or other) I getting the "out of memory" error for main houses (Harkonnen, Ordos) and when I start the subhouse I getting the "[...]My version of.. read buildings (Side 1) ..." for variety. Or other Sides for others houses of course.

How? Why? I don't know. I still doing the same as before and there weren't  such circuses.

@Sylar

Map files can be create by Map Editor.

You can make a new map or edit a map from campaign.

After you done the map, you have to name it as:

"A1V1" for Atreides Mission 1 version 1 or "A1V2" for version 2 etc.

For mis. file you have to start Mission editor and do the same as you have to do with map. file.

• Upvote 1