Dune 2000 modding questions

THE AQIB

Another Question, the most Triggers i understand but how work the Dummycondition?

Dummies are just used with the "set condition" event. I never knew exactly how to explain this, perhaps have a look at my youtube tutorials, maybe i explained them better there. Set condition makes it so a specific event wont be caught in an infinite loop once a certain condition triggers it. Best example would be text messages when enemy units/buildings are destroyed. Without set condition, the message will be displayed an infinite amount of times.

• Upvote 1

Dummies are just used with the "set condition" event. I never knew exactly how to explain this, perhaps have a look at my youtube tutorials, maybe i explained them better there. Set condition makes it so a specific event wont be caught in an infinite loop once a certain condition triggers it. Best example would be text messages when enemy units/buildings are destroyed. Without set condition, the message will be displayed an infinite amount of times.

Dummies basically work as a binary value. They can either be set on or off. You can use this to your advantage by setting an event to change the value, which would invert the normal decision the game would make.

The game usually uses this to stop infinite loops, such as when a harvester is being deployed because you had all yours destroyed. The game will set the condition to false when the reinforcement is called, and the reinforcements will not trigger again unless the value is set to true (which is the event Feda described above)

• Upvote 1

Ok, I fixed a problem with "[...] out of memory..." etc. and one problem left.. still.

In scenario, when I play as Emperor (in mis. file: swap index 1-3, in map. file: swap colors; red-violet, change starport devilery customer&resp unit as Harkonnen of course + add some sardakuars resp unit because they added to the map is resp as stealth fremen - funny, imperfections creator I guess)

and so, I have a Harkonenn Palace with Death Hand Missle instead Emperor Palace (maked in map editor) and Harkonnen ally (being physical as Emperor - swaped index recall) have a Emperor Palace. The same change takes in map editor after swap colors from Emperor to another with Palace, when Emperor receives other palace in place of Emperor Palace.

I know this is like verbiage or something else but I asked about it a few times.

I'll upload the mis&map files.

Maybe someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

http://przeklej.org/file/ihrgoP/.H4V1.MIS

http://przeklej.org/file/yg9ZMw/H4V1.MAP

If I have an Atreides base that has the Emperor's index number and I want to have a BuildingExists for an outpost on the Atreides side, do I choose the Atreides outpost or the Emperor's outpost?

If I have an Atreides base that has the Emperor's index number and I want to have a BuildingExists for an outpost on the Atreides side, do I choose the Atreides outpost or the Emperor's outpost?

I had the exact same confusion a while back, found out that its gonna read the "as you see" version, so in this case, harkonnen outpost (emperor uses hark one).

• Upvote 1

Ok, I fixed a problem with "[...] out of memory..." etc. and one problem left.. still.

In scenario, when I play as Emperor (in mis. file: swap index 1-3, in map. file: swap colors; red-violet, change starport devilery customer&resp unit as Harkonnen of course + add some sardakuars resp unit because they added to the map is resp as stealth fremen - funny, imperfections creator I guess)

and so, I have a Harkonenn Palace with Death Hand Missle instead Emperor Palace (maked in map editor) and Harkonnen ally (being physical as Emperor - swaped index recall) have a Emperor Palace. The same change takes in map editor after swap colors from Emperor to another with Palace, when Emperor receives other palace in place of Emperor Palace.

I know this is like verbiage or something else but I asked about it a few times.

I'll upload the mis&map files.

Maybe someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

http://przeklej.org/file/ihrgoP/.H4V1.MIS

http://przeklej.org/file/yg9ZMw/H4V1.MAP

I'm doing just that - http://www.mediafire.com/download/7s1ypfc1861c83m/Emperor_H9V2.rar

@Dark Wesker, when I played in "Emperor Mission by Shai-Gel98" I did the same. Am  I to understand that there is no simple resolve for this?

Moreover there is one more problem. In my situation, my Harkonnen ally (Emperor AI) has a Emperor Palace and here I haven't option to fix it (because how we know, AI won't be capture my Palace in his base) and that's the problem.

Does anyone know if a special building not owned by the normal owner (Atreides Imperial Palace) can be placed in a map, or is the game too limited? 

Edited by Shai-Gel98

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi guys, someone can tell me exactly (or more or less) how the unknown6 in the .mis editor works?

For now if I use this “unknown6” the IA increase greatly the construction of units (at least while he has money and based in the IA used), but I don't know what the “61” means (and only I guess that the “62” refers to the house index).

• 5 months later...

Hello I'm brand new to Dune 2k modding and I have a lot of Idea's But before I start on those I have what I hope is a Basic Question. How would I mod buildings on openra so that they come premade with concrete. I mostly play vs the AI and they do not use Concrete at all? which I find strange. The Idea in its Entirety is to create a submenu of Buildings that come with Concrete. so the AI doesn't waste so much on weaker buildings.

There it is my first question, any help would be appreciated............

OpenRA's dune2k mod and the game Dune 2000 aren't really the same: in fact, their structure is quite different. These forums are more about the original game's modding, I doubt we can help you with OpenRA. However, OpenRA has their own forums where I'm sure you'll find more help. Google for it, you'll certainly find it ;) 

• 1 month later...

No one answered this, so I will. Luminar's AI is really good as it can effectively build units and buildings and will regard things like power and money properly in a single player environment.

Here you are my PRAC_mis file. I created it for my own mod with other balance, but maybe it will help you in original game too. In my mod it working fine (testing around 1 year):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3sIFwvou1uQQ0lydEIxdTJkd2s/view

This is 2 players vs 4 AI (2 pl will ally), but it easy to change 1vs5 for lan. Testing with friend on lan game and skirmish.

I would like to create my mod for cnc, but need R16 editor to replace graphic/offset parameters for some new units and buildings. The mod is supporting skirmish, lan, missions, maps with new tile set for skirmish/lan. Is it possible to apply all features for cnc?

If possible then very need program for editing data.R16 offsets and graphics. I have MVI's ResourceEditor, but it offsets values doesn't working. Created new graf for additional units for data.r8, but have no program for edit data.R16 unfortunately.

• 4 months later...

I also have a question. Is it possible to add the option that you can build 30 units at the same like it was in red alert 2 with yuri's revenge. It would be so much more practial especially when you attack and don't have to click all the time that the next unit is going to be build. What do you think, is that a good idea?