Colobots

Davidu

I found again this old 3D strategy-action game. Basically you PROGRAM your units to do things :D So the units are going to be as smart as you code them to be, which is great. About 10 years ago I played a demo of this and it was amazing. Now I found it again and it costs 75 Swiss Francs. That mean 60 euros. That means almost 80 USD !!!

Have any of you played this or anything similar?

Edit: this is the link.

• Upvote 1

The thing is the game is about coding those units... What you're saying is modding one or another. Nothing wrong with that, just not the issue I was interested in.

Still, why the ridiculous price? I don't get it...

I'm positive that programmable robots are an entire genre on its own, but I'm not very familiar with it. MobyGames places Colobot in the programming games group, so I guess you could start there.

Also, Robot Odyssey might also belong to the variety you're interested in but I can't be sure since I haven't played it. There are two freeware remakes of Robot Odyssey, Droid Quest and Gate.

Also, take a look at what Aternative To as to offer for Colobot.

The games I mentioned all let you script your units from within the game, no modding required. You could make some really elaborate scripts if you were so inclined, although admittedly far from essential to succeeding. And I just pointed out that if you really like programming AI you don't have to pay that ridiculous price :P

The thing is the game is about coding those units... What you're saying is modding one or another. Nothing wrong with that, just not the issue I was interested in.

Still, why the ridiculous price? I don't get it...