you can now officially say "by by warcraft III" ->

Razorox

hmmm.... I have no compaints on the emperor engine and i doubt it if i like generals better

Warcraft III has no doubts for me... the graphix look stunning. The gameplay with all the upgrades and great strategies proves to be fun and challenging and blizzard always supports their games with great storylines and sound

"Even if WW does abandon RA2 in the neer future, who gives a shit, it is already almost 2 years old anyway, that is much longer than most companies support games in such a large way, so don't stereotype all WW games just because they abandoned emperor so soon and pissed us emperor fans all right off."

Look at Blizzard.. they DO support their games better. A simple example is Diablo II: LoD. They are about to release a new patch for the game.. not for the best reasons (cheat and hacks), but it will also contain something new.

If I needed to choose a company for support, I would go for Blizzard anytime.. Can't say the same of Westwood..

I agree. I give the example of Earth 2150 (yes again). The original game sold bad, the sequel The Moon Project didn't do extremely well either. Yet the producers did decide to release a third game, primarily for the loyal Earth fans. WW doesn't deserve loyal fans.

Does anybody know any good RTS titles apart from WC III that will be released in the near future (or already are)?

That depends what you mean by "near."  The best games comng out over the next couple months, I believe, are Warcraft 3, Generals, and Age of Mythology.  

As for games that are currently out, I liked Battle Realms (you may have seen me talk about it before).  It is very similar in style to Warcraft 3, offering 4 races, heroes, lower unit caps, and great animations (like watching croucing tiger and other films of that sort).  The only problems with that game are that only two of the sides had a single-player aspect (other two are playable in multiplayer and skirmish).  Also, they used gamespy for multi, which some people seem to dislike.  If blizzard released that game instead of a startup company (called Liquid), the game would be a top-seller.  You can probably get a great deal on it for roughly $20 (American dollars).

I have a few things to say...

FUCK GENERALS!!

FUCK WESTWOOD!!

After the way those bastards abandoned Emperor, how can you keep buying their games??

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

*roaring flames*

I do agree with you but...

you got the choice :

Giving your crue the "mission" to work on a game how has no succes and a verry small communiyu

or to work on new projects...

i know what i'd chose

and it would be blizzard there own foult

everybody is sick of the game already.

they waired to logn for the release.

we'r just sick of the screens

btw : they are suposed to look liek cartoonfigures razor

You guys seem not to be really into games, all you seem to be into is graphics!  The shitty games from Westwood always used to look great, but they the gameplay sucked (except Dune 2 and C&C 1 and 2).

Take Starcraft for example:  A very old game with crappy graphics, but still one of the most played games online, because the gameplay is just awesome.  Thats the way to make a game!  A good concept beats good presentation any time!!!

Ofcourse we aren't interested in graphix only... everyone is interested in gameplay primary... and because Emperor has fun gameplay we like to play it... and yes starcraft had great gameplay, and the graphix aren't that crappy btw... and because of that great gameplay that's also why it's my favorite game ever

Harkonna, not how I said STARCRAFT II would be better than warcraft III.

Of course you can't compare StarCraft I with WarCraft III....duh...did you have a little too much molson last night man?  ;D