you can now officially say "by by warcraft III" ->

Razorox

Another reason not to buy WW games anymore.

Dune 2 - First RTS, very good.

C&C - Good game, since RTS is still quite new.

Red Alert - Basicly C&C in another theme. Much less good.

Dune 2000 - Basicly C&C in Dune theme. Nice, though not extraordinary good.

Tiberian Sun - AWFUL! Nothing new and graphics are louzy

Red Alert 2 - Again, nothing new. Though graphics are slightly better then in TS.

Emperor - Good graphics, but little new stuff.

Yuris Revenge - The slave miners are the only new thing.

-----Future------

C&C Generals - Only good graphics. Besides that, awfull.

well ya see... i must admit that westwood games can be very fun in times. I mean i did enjoy C&C, RA, RA2 (not tiberian sun, it's just plain bad) and dune2000.

I must agree that duneII was the only real great game that WW delivered.... when it comes to quality. You see... the problem with WW games is that it lacks strategy, no serious it all about rushes... there's little tactic. Also what i hate in WW rts games is that you don't have normal fog of war... it's not cool that the enemy always can see what u'r building and how large your army is....

well ofcourse a game isn't great because of it's graphix. and even though TS's gameplay didn't realy interest me either I can imagine that other people might like the game because of TS's gameplay because i must admit that it does have some strong points like the firewall

Don't get me wrong people, I'm not gonna go out and uy Generals just because it has sweet graphics...I will wait and read the reviews to find out if there is anything new about it.

But I already know I am not getting WCIII, it is simply garbage. Sure Blizzard has good support for their games, but the game itself will suck nutz. Graphics are corny cartoonish 5 year old drawings, and it's more of an RPG than an RTS...wow spells, ya they had all this tuff in WCII as well.. ::) Blizzard made a very big mistake in making WCIII, if they would have made StarCraft II I would buy it first day it comes out because the first one is so damn good! But warCraft III is just more BS like WarCraft II

Terror,

I didn't say it wouldn't sell great...as a matter of fact i completely agree with you that it'll sell like hotcakes, but that doesn't mean it won't blow chunks.

(If you would have paid attention to my last post I wouldn't have to be replying to this  :P )

Just to clarify things, I am not pro-Westwood in any way. I simply go with the best game out there. I don't give a crap who makes it! Unlike some of you people who automatically dismiss generals as another piece of WW trash when you don't know shit about it, just because it says WW on it...

Thanks terror:) I really liked TS a lot. The story and everything about it. I loved the gameplay. It was slow and methodical. It reminds me of starcraft in a sense that games could last hours. It is very indepth. The units are great in my opinion and the dark, sinister atmosphere was much better than the cartoony RA2. Its just an opinion of mine I dont want to argue. but thats why I like it. I love warcraft for the story. I might be weird but I play games that take thought for just the same reason as I read books. to put myself in the situation.

What i would like westwood to do is make map editors like blizzard makes them. Great for both newbie and experienced editers. Also release a couple of new features with patches or something, like blizzard did with Starcraft patch 1.08 (they included an awsome replay mode) or like Cavedog did with Total Annihilation (Kingdoms) by including new units. I think they already did a good job with that on dune2000 but as far as i know they never did that in any of their other games

Don't know who said it, but some1 already has said what i am gonna say now: Generals looks good, plays good, and has good building strucktures. but compare it 2 warcraft III, and i must almost cry about this little tiny stupid insect game. its just good-looking and good playable, but after that, it stops. i think it will become a littlemedium hit. something like warcraft II becomed.

H A R K O N N A

Don't get me wrong people, I'm not gonna go out and uy Generals just because it has sweet graphics...I will wait and read the reviews to find out if there is anything new about it.

But I already know I am not getting WCIII, it is simply garbage. Sure Blizzard has good support for their games, but the game itself will suck nutz. Graphics are corny cartoonish 5 year old drawings, and it's more of an RPG than an RTS...wow spells, ya they had all this tuff in WCII as well.. ::) Blizzard made a very big mistake in making WCIII, if they would have made StarCraft II I would buy it first day it comes out because the first one is so damn good! But warCraft III is just more BS like WarCraft II

If i am right u think Starcraft is a better game than warcraft III. i don't wanna be angry or something, but in my neighborhood, they call such some-one a BIIIIIIIIIIIG loser.

H A R K O N N A

Razorox, take a GOOD look at the RA2 boards:

How many posts are there about bugs/cheaters? Dozens upon dozens.

How many posts are there by Delphi or any of the other mods? Hardly any.

If you don't believe me, just ask them. Post a new topic asking if RA2/YR has been abandoned and if the game is unbalanced. You'll see only two types of replies: "YEAH!!" and "Shut up newbie!" ;)

Razorox, take a GOOD look at the RA2 boards:

How many posts are there about bugs/cheaters? Dozens upon dozens.

How many posts are there by Delphi or any of the other mods? Hardly any.

If you don't believe me, just ask them. Post a new topic asking if RA2/YR has been abandoned and if the game is unbalanced. You'll see only two types of replies: "YEAH!!" and "Shut up newbie!" ;)

Yeah for real.  Too bad most of the good Emp players have abandoned Emp and  these boards long ago in favor of War III, or there might be more of them to team up with me in War III.  (if only you'd get a 56k modem FFS EdricO, they are dirt cheap these days).

I will be playing War III online, competing in a meaninful, policed, cheater-free Ladder.  I will be playing new maps every week. Continuously.  Long after Generals has been released, and abandoned by Westwood/EA, I will still be playing new maps every week in War III.   I will still be playing War III with no cheaters, long after cheaters have ruined the Ladder of Generals just like they have done to Emperor.  

I will be playing War III years from now, and still have hundreds of fresh maps to play on, while the Generals players are stuck playing on the same 7 - 10 maps (since that's about the highest number of *viable* Generals maps that most players are ever going to have installed) for all eternity.

I will be laughing at all the foolish Westwood/EA zealots who will buy Generals even though they know what will happen with it.

You guys deserve your fate.  You deserve to be anally violated, as Westwood/EA will take pleasure in doing to you by abandoning Generals, because you are too damn stupid to care.  Straight up.  

K I'll end this post now, I am laughing my ass off too hard to type any more at the stupidity of the Westwood/EA zealots.

I have returned here to set things right.  First of all

Navarosx: "You deserve to be anally violated, as Westwood/EA will take pleasure in doing to you by abandoning Generals, because you are too damn stupid to care. "  

LOL, I can see you are still crazy.  However, I do agree with you on Warcraft 3 (somewhat).  First of all, since most of us havent played warcraft (and sure as hell not generals), how can you (anybody I mean) comment on gameplay elements.  Sure screenshots tell you a little (but not all) of the graphics but that isn't everything.  

Razor, I think you are anti-blizzard.  I am not disrespecting your opinion but you seem to hate it with a passion.  Have you beta tested (I haven't)?  It will likely sell, as one site estimates, hundreds of thousands of copies.....thats a lot.  Dune probably doesn't have 100 on at any one time.  Now I know you didn't say that it wouldn't sell.  However, I have seen nothing but positive reviews from players and independent reviewers alike.  It offers 4 sides (more than most popular RTS games), promises support, the graphics appear impressive to most I believe, and it should deliver a solid storyline (and don't say you've played single-player).  I am not big on Blizzard or anything.  I played warcraft 2 (didn't buy it) and only recently played warcraft 3.  But they are known for producing good games and providing support.  Support is part of the product.  

Generals, I think, will seem somewhat different from prior WW games.  There isn't any reason why people can't like both warcraft and generals.  I'll be surprised if they don't push the Generals deadline back.  The graphics look very good (sorry Frodo) and, having read about the game, I believe it should be a lot of fun.  The fact that Dune was poorly supported doesn't mean a lot.  Generals will sell a lot better and will be supported for a longer time.  You wouldn't expect a profit-oriented company to put more money into a game like Dune (just didn't sell I guess).  Maybe WW should become a non-profit :)