Dune 2000 eXtended

Feda

I was planning for long time to get a new set of missions for the 3 main Houses and put them all in one pack but I was too lazy... till now. I have started the Harkonnen Campaign and I have the first 4 missions working well. I'll get a new Ordos campaign too but I think that as Atreides I'll use my New Atreides Campaign released in january 2012 just because I;m not sure I'll have enough time to create another full campaign. If someone here is interested in making an Atreides campaign for this pack please go ahead and say it, I'd be very happy if someone would volunteer as a new campaign would be a lot better than an existing one.

I chose this name after I played MrFlibble's Dune 2 eXtended and I find it to be a good name ;D 

I also worked on each of the new units introduced by patch 1.06 (Sardaukar, Grenadier and Stealth Raider).

I did all I could to make those units useful (the Sard was already useful but meh others weren't), but the limitations of the engine are pretty bad. I had only one empty warhead to use in order not to modify others and affect certain units, and I used it for the Harkonnen Flamethrower.

New units:

Harkonnen Flamethrower: It is very effective against structures, infantry and light vehicles, and in numbers they do considerable damage against heavier vehicles too. They are now the fastest infantry unit in the game to compensate their low range (compared to the Atreides special infantry unit). Their special ability is Health Regeneration until 50%.

Atreides Gunner: The Gunner does the same damage as a Gun Turret (it uses its weapon) and its range makes him a very strong unit. Though it is very weak, costs much, takes more time to build that Flamethrower and does spalsh damage when he dies.

Ordos Stealth Raider: Well it's the old stealth raider, but will a small fix: a considerable increase in its Rate Of Fire which makes it a lot more effective. In numbers they can own Ordos Light tanks easily.

Also, I'll add other goodies in the game directory such as map editors and probably some small written tutorials about basic things to do with them.

I would like some suggestions, or if you find the new/edited/whatever units good or not. And I repeat, if someone wants to create an Atreides Campaign for the pack please tell me.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

i made somthing lyk this for dune 2000 called dune 2000 expansion pack 1 but i have no missions in it..

i asked my lil bro to consider making missions for it..

i made separate music and mizsion folddr for it as well as seprate resource.cfg file..

it works fine only no missions in it..

lol..

• Upvote 1

i made somthing lyk this for dune 2000 called dune 2000 expansion pack 1 but i have no missions in it..

i asked my lil bro to consider making missions for it..

i made separate music and mizsion folddr for it as well as seprate resource.cfg file..

it works fine only no missions in it..

lol..

Glad to see you back man :)

My pack will have 3 custom campaign + map editors + written tutorials + a few other goodies, not only new missions. Also I made the 3 1.06 units valuable & working in campaign.

• Upvote 2

well i made a prac mis alliance switcher program with ur prac mis files..

and a launcher for each game..

but still the expansion pack had some bugs relating to datax folder..

I'd like to include that tool on the Dune 2000 eXtended, if you would allow me to of course :) and with full credit to the author.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see you back man :)

My pack will have 3 custom campaign + map editors + written tutorials + a few other goodies, not only new missions. Also I made the 3 1.06 units valuable & working in campaign.

nice man.. ur own map editor??

goodies?? :-P

I'm writing tutorials on moddb page.. but still incomplete..

I'm doing a full crash course on files, maps, missions, text used in dune 2000 and how to make your own..

can you help me also for making the tutorials??

New units:

Harkonnen Flamethrower: It is very effective against structures, infantry and light vehicles, and in numbers they do considerable damage against heavier vehicles too. They are now the fastest infantry unit in the game to compensate their low range (compared to the Atreides special infantry unit). Their special ability is Health Regeneration until 50%.

Bellator created some unused artwork for a Harkonnen flame tank available at http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&p=283845#283845

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: The Harkonnen campaign is complete. My favorite mission is definitely the las one, it's a 2v5 intense battle. Could be quite difficult at the start (especially on Hard) but the emperor allied AI is very good, used one of luminar's AIs and I could say it's doing a great job, well done Luminar ;)

• Upvote 2

UPDATE: The Harkonnen campaign is complete. My favorite mission is definitely the las one, it's a 2v5 intense battle. Could be quite difficult at the start (especially on Hard) but the emperor allied AI is very good, used one of luminar's AIs and I could say it's doing a great job, well done Luminar ;)

What? How did he create AI?

• 4 weeks later...

Im sorry i literally dont have time for making missions I barely have time to make vids. When I started this project I planned to finish it before september but unfortunately some real life unexpected issues didnt let me do it.

It will be ready when it will be ready, sorry.

Im sorry i literally dont have time for making missions I barely have time to make vids. When I started this project I planned to finish it before september but unfortunately some real life unexpected issues didnt let me do it.

It will be ready when it will be ready, sorry.

you can ask for help you know...

:laugh: