Where's everybody?

Feda

They proly hit a wall.

In your guy's opinion, would D2K be the most difficult game to mod, out of all the C&C games?

What was the company Westwood out sourced this game to anyways? Or did WW do that? I thought they did, cause it's codes are all set up differently.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. When the Russians have created an amazing patchpack of OTTD * with maps capable of having the modest dimensions of 64000 x 32000 tiles!!!!!!! well it will keep you busy for veeeeeeeeeeeeery long, provided you have the appropriate hardware and don't blackout your neigborhood. Even maps of 4000 x 4000 that I play, are really huge.

* Mind that if you plan to play it you will also need to download a graphics baseset.

• Upvote 1

I left for USA on June 27 and I'm waiting in an airport right now to go home.  :P I noticed that too when I had only 34 notifications. I thought I would have much more. 

Edited by Shai-Gel98
  • Upvote 1

To bad then that the Indie game has been canceled. I even forgot its name. But why RTS?

It doesn't nesecarily have to be an RTS. 3 out of the 4 official dune games are RTS.

Perhaps a FPS like War of Assasins will bring back some. But that project is also based on an "old" game.

Perhaps you should ask yourself, why won't there be any new Dune game? And then simply blame them.

Chess, backgammon and cards are all time classics. They will never die. And you don't even need a PC to play them. It could be the same with Dune 2000. IMO if we succeed to get an open source clone and a strong community to patch and draw better graphics (the task of this will be enormous as original ones are superb quality-I wish we could get hold of original 3D models but I fear they are lost forever-please if anyone of original developers/artists is reading this release it to the public) we will keep it alive.

Once I found a bunch of Dune 2000 3D models free on the net. Unfortunately I lost the link :( So, what's the idea, recreating Dune 2000 with better graphics? You mean better 2D graphics or a switch to 3D? I found the EBfD engine more fun than the Dune 2000 though the graphics in Dune 2000 really evoked the atmosphere I liked :D

Also I really like the TIberian Sun engine. Pseudo 3D, voxel?

Edit: I found the link for some free Dune 2000 3D models ;) http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24496

• Upvote 2

why would ppl come if there isn't anybody else and no campaigns or stuff to try out and talk about?

That's a very bad way to see things. A dune fan shouldnt leave even if there are no new missions. I am currently working on Dune 2000 eXtended and in my topic I asked for suggestions, only a few ppl posted. So there IS something new out there.

On the other hand why would a modder/mapper keep making mods/maps if he doesnt get community support. A mapper/modder needs his fellow players to play his stuff :p

The forum is becoming active again from what I see, maybe it will last. Also Galaxy there is an open discussion about .misai files, so there are subjects to talk about and test.

• Upvote 2

That's a very bad way to see things. A dune fan shouldnt leave even if there are no new missions. I am currently working on Dune 2000 eXtended and in my topic I asked for suggestions, only a few ppl posted. So there IS something new out there.

On the other hand why would a modder/mapper keep making mods/maps if he doesnt get community support. A mapper/modder needs his fellow players to play his stuff :P

The forum is becoming active again from what I see, maybe it will last. Also Galaxy there is an open discussion about .misai files, so there are subjects to talk about and test.

players would play if they had what to. and yes i am talking about new missions or stuff