Good Old Games Summer Sale

Andrew

GoG summer sale has started

For only 48 hours (less than that as of this post), you can get Torchlight 1 for free just for signing up, adding to cart etc. No credit card info is necessary. Also 10 more old free games to add to your library.

500 games are 50% off until July 5. There will be daily deals and combo deals I assume.

If you enjoy older games that have no DRM at all, and optimized to work on newer computers/OS, then this is good website.

I already have torchlight 1 on steam, but finally created an account there to take advantage of the free games. Decent prices. Easier to buy old games I already own on cd, rather than have to insert cd, install, find patch, download/install patch etc. Then find crack so I need need to listen to cd-rom spinning.

• Upvote 2

Also 10 more old free games to add to your library.

You mean the usual free games like Tyrian, some of the Ultima games (IV, Savage Empire, <artian Dreams), Beneath a Steel Sky etc.? Or are there some new free games there too?

Torchlight for free sounds cool (I just realized I got an info letter from them about it), except that I had to look up what it is :D I sure looks nice (kinda Warcraft III-y), but I don't think I want to play it that much (not to mention I don't have any time to play it in the first place!).

BTW, I certainly have heard about Torchlight before (although I don't generally follow modern gaming industry), and my usual reaction is "Is it something related to Dr. Who?" because it reminds me of Torchwood, of which I've seen a couple of (very weird) episodes.

[Edit] I took a look at the developers page, and the art does seem to have been much inspired by either Warcraft III or WoW. Or maybe it had just become a cliche at the time Torchlight was released.

No new games, I guess maybe the 10 free were default free games.

Torchlight  is basically a diablo II game, that was released before diablo III was put out which is why many liked it (blizzard took a long time to release diablo III).

If you enjoyed diablo II you'll like torchlight.

Picked a bundle of adventure games back in xmas sales, which included the Blackwell games, Machinarium and some others. Would recommend that one if there's something similar now. The games by Wadjet eye purposedly "old-school", like fate of atlantis.

Never played torchlight because it didn't have multiplayer, although its sequel does but never got the chance to play that either. Always looked like a mini-wow and I was tempted precisely for that reason - dungeon crawls without all the grinding nonsense of mmos. Or maybe it's wishful thinking, I have no idea.

They now have all the bundles on sale until midnight GMT.

holy crap that is a lot of bundles. My wallet will surely hate me. Already thinking I'll spend $50+

lords of the realm1+2 +lords of magic is awesome. already own them but cd-rom sucks.

heroes of might and magic bundle is really really good. version 3 is best, I've put hundreds of hours on that. have version 5 on steam it is ok. I just bought version 5 expansions like 3 weeks ago...

If you play HoMM3 try using this patch which fixes bugs and allows larger resolutions. Also less click spam required in order to transfer units in armies etc.

https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/

The games by Wadjet eye purposedly "old-school", like fate of atlantis.

I've heard about that company before, the games look nice but I'm not really into that genre.

Always looked like a mini-wow and I was tempted precisely for that reason - dungeon crawls without all the grinding nonsense of mmos. Or maybe it's wishful thinking, I have no idea.

Tales of Maj'Eyal is reportedly recommendable in this respect, but haven't got around to check it out yet.