Battle for Dune, Remake Modification

AnimalMan

bqzAv.png

Ordos Original Smelter Icon with Tweaks (Only grey version existed before)
Ordos Advanced Wind Trap Original Icon Colours (Only grey version existed before)

All Sides get Advanced Wind Trap with Upgraded Conyard + Quality Icons. Either Small Windtraps or Advanced Windtraps can be used to unlock early tier structures like, Refinery, Barracks, Factory, making their use more tactic friendly.

Wi3Bo.png

Tleilaxu Queen, Tleilaxu's Additional Unit, Deploys into a Working Fleshvat.

Tleilaxu (Units and Buildings self heal)
Level 1 - Flesh Vat, Contaminator
Level 2 - Leech, Mobile Flesh Vat

Sardaukar (Infantry more resistent to Storms)
Level 1 - Sardaukar Barracks, Sardaukar Warrior
Level 2 - Imperial Sardaukar, Sardaukar General

Fremen (Buildings place on Sand)
Level 1 - Freman Camp, Fremen Warrior
Level 2 - Freman Outpost, Fedayken

Guild (Units repulsive to Worms)
Level 1 - Guild Palace, Guild Maker
Level 2 - Guild Pyramid, Niab Tank

Ixian (Ixian Engineers Flee Structures)
Level 1 - Ixian Res Center, Infiltrator
Level 2 - Ixian Seizmic Detector, Ixian Projector

Smugglers
Starport: Smugglers Quad, Smugglers Raider, Smugglers Combat Tank

Side Additions,
All Sides Receive Advanced Wind Traps(double power), Smelters(production rate) and Generals (Starport Infantry).

• Upvote 2

6bcCp.png

The House of Ix

Ixian Scientist's (Engineers) flee from destroyed structures, Third Unique Unit: Ixian Technitions (Stealth Engineers).

A.I

Major AI changes, Ordos uses more weaponry, Army's may reach much larger sizes, up to 6 aircraft at a time.All AI Launches worthwhile base attacks that increase in strength and change in tactic as tech level rises, Better Cliff defense, Canyon Patrols, Base Defenses. AI Builds more Base Defenses and prioritises Manufacture, Builds all buildings much faster, Plays more like human player, Tactics have larger random differences for example minunits=3 maxunits=15. Side Specific AI utilizes more sucsessful tactics, A.I uses smugglers units as first wave units. AI builds base faster, Correctly uses Contaminators vs Infantry and trains alot more of them, Uses TLMobile Flesh Vat, AI Guards base with Niabs also, Niab Teleport Attacks can reach much higher unit numbers. Ix AI uses projectors more often, for anti-infantry also, Ix sends more infiltrators, Ix sends Technitions without APC. ORAPC more readily used by AI, ORDeviator more readily used by AI, Carryalls will carry Kobras and ORAPCS, Ordos uses higher numbers of saboteurs when attacking, All Infantry Feild Teams may reach higher numbers. Harkonen make good use of Troopers, All Sides use Generals. MANY MANY MORE, SO MANY I TRY TO REMEMBER.

Music

Dune2000 music themes reintroduced (well the ones that fit), Emperor music is EPIC, the Dune2000 music brings it back down to a calm feel. Harkonnen, Ordos, Atreidies all have some unique tracks from dune2000 although also share a few. 

• Upvote 1

8pjEUjv.png?1?7159

The Original Ordos Raider, Its reassertion into the Ordos military comes with the reintroduction of the ex technology's manufactured by the Smugglers, The Smugglers Raider is a Cheap and Fast reconnaissance vehicle available to order from the Starport. For the Ordos, the Smugglers Raider is unavailble to order via starport however, instead they have reinstated the original Ordos Raider from back in 2000, which like its Smugglers counterpart is the fastest Trike in the game but also with +15% hitpoints and can be constructed at the factory with a minor cost increase of +15%. This eliminates the usage of Dust Scouts on Non-Arrakis Maps so like Harvesters and Carryalls they will be unavailable on homeworld battles.

Icon Differs to One in Image

• Upvote 2

dont want to get hopes up Athansios since your my only watcher, But i think i may be close to having a Subhouse 6, I found tags for a 6th and 7th subhouse not yet utlizied within the Game.exe as well as many other interesting things. I have tools to safely edit .exes and will see if i can pull some luck from it. Its reassuring to note, that there actually is enough space for a 6th icon next to the A.I subhouse icons on Skirmish mode. The button may float outside the box when player selects however. But never the less. Il give it a smash and keep you updated.

KrP86.png

Ordos Starport Selection on Homeworld Maps. Icon variates from SMRaider. Overall Ordos has -1 unit available in starport, Harkonen and Atreides vehicles fill up all slots, but ordos has an additional infantry unit. In picture above ordos starport is missing -3 units, Dust Scout, Harvester, Carryall.

The additional Infantry; Ordos Saboteur, is also now Stealthed when Still to promote more of its usage in game.

Atreides Trike

Cost: 300

Speed: 12

Health: 1200

Ability: Increased Speed on Sand +2

Ordos Raider

Cost: 287

Speed: 14 (as fast as AT Trike on sand, always)

Health: 1150

Ability: Increased Speed on Rock Surfaces +2 (Making it Faster than SMRaider, Thus Fastest unit in Game)

Ordos Dust Scout
Cost: 350
Speed: 14

Health: 1100

Ability: Hides in Dust Bowls

Harkonnen Buzzsaw
Cost: 350

Speed: 8

Health: 1300

Ability: Tears up Spice Feilds

Smugglers Raider

Cost: 250 (think of it like 400 health is equal to 100 cost because 1200/300 = 400, So -50 cost = -200 health)

Speed: 14 (As fast as ATTrike on Sand Always, No Rock Bonus)

Health: 1000
Ability: N/A, Price rises and falls as low (as 190 at times) Sacrifice Tactical use for Tactical Purchase.

• Upvote 2

Good News, It is possible to add a 6th subhouse, and yes I know how to make a 6th sub house. My abilities are not yet adept but what i have worked out at the moment is pretty promising. As i said, I know exactly what is missing from tags Sub6 and Sub7 (6th and 7th house, they must be listed in 6 locations) but i am yet to be able to assemble the correct code needed in all locations. At the moment, I am able to replace on the Players Skirmish Subhouse list 1 and 2, "Team None" to fully a working Subhouse 6 but with removal of option of having no subhouse. I know this works because when i apply Sub6 to both Lists i may only select it on one list like all other subhouses, it may not be selected twice, I can also apply it to just one list allowing no subhouse to be selected on list 2. i can also assign unique units to this house, but again, at the moment the icon that is displayed in Skirmish menu is the same as 'None'. Allocation of a new icon .tga sits in the exe aswell. so maybe i can work here aswell as i would like to keep the option of no subhouse, but this at moment seems tricky. I cannot get my new subhouse replacements to list at all in the A.I team. It just selects no subhouse and can be selected twice, but like i said, i know what to change, but i need to work out how.

anyway just wanted to update. it seems a lil confusing. it is. 

Work In Progress,

I hope to add the Choam with an advanced refinery and harvester. but we will see. I am limited at the moment, But it was easy to crack, took a few days, but i am understanding more each time. Hopefully i can get it up to quality scratch sometime soon. Il post screens of how it works in OllyDbg too.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just realised that I didn't follow this thread, how stupid of me! Anyway, I really like what you've done so far, keep it up :D

If you want any help (including beta testing), I would love to help. I'm basically available any time. I have looked into some of the games files (Rules.txt and ArtIni.txt) and extracted stuff using DuneEx 2, but that's about it, although I'd be happy to help with/look at more code.

• Upvote 1

Looks cool. How come the spice is green?

P.s

Spice is not Green, It is Guild Map. Just a terrain type

Is that map in the game or custom? I don't remember seeing it in the map list, although I haven't looked at it recently since I've been playing the campaign.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hey, I have been a long time Dune fan, but i have a few questions.

Do i need a physical copy of the game to use this modifications u are applying the game.exe into this so we can install everything at the same time?

Plus do you have a timeline when this will be available I would love to play this mod.

Thank you so much! 

• Upvote 1

Do i need a physical copy of the game to use this modifications u are applying the game.exe into this so we can install everything at the same time?

Most modifications require the game to be installed, then they overwrite content as needed.

Even though I have a physical copy of the game (bought however many years ago), i still use this: https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/3696276/ since it means I don't need to have the disk in my drive all the time. Use Daemon Tools to mount the image.

EDIT: Since TPB is down, here's a magnet:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1C5571AD9583FF63800CE9A240D36C6E6F26803A&dn=emperor_battle%20for%20dune&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Please m80s, tell me from where can I download this mod! It looks amazing <3. But for now AnimalMan looks dead(mean offline for a long time) and the development might have stopped and while browsing through the comments I noticed a bunch of people that played the mod and I was wondering if I could download it too but when I checked AnimalMan's File Content I found it empty. I would really like if someone had the mod downloaded and just uploaded it from his account under AnimalMan as a creator and owner. Looking forward to it. :)

• 1 year later...

Hello, guys!

I also noticed that AnimalMan stopped working on the mod. I try to make a mod by myself, using some of AnimalMan's ideas. I have to mention here that I don't have any programming knowledge, and i couldn't find working modding tools... :/ I need working installation of Dune Visual Creator in order to continue with my work. I can upload so called mod of mine inspired by AnimalMan's work, of course, if anyone wants to try it and if AnimalMan has nothing against it. Just let me know and I will upload the files.

One more thing, it is far from finished: it's unbalanced, new icons are needed, new audio files too... But I hope that with help of the others we can solve those things.

Hope for quick responses :)

• 5 months later...

God damn, what a shame. I'd LOVE for this guy to release his mod as is. The changes he made to the AI players sounds amazing! I'm interested in modding Emperor. Unfortunately, I've only got the commander & conquer games modding program called TibEd. Modding games like command & conquer tiberian sun is easy as pie. But modding Dune 2000 DAYUM, that game is a whole different level than Tiberian Sun. So although TibEd gets frowned upon in the command & conquer modding community, the dune games are the exception.

Thanks to TibEd, making basic gameplay changes in Emperor is easy. I like how the turn rate was lowered in this mod for more realistic vehicle movement. Changes like that I can do no problem. But changing the AI, I'm not sure if the program TibEd covers the AI portion of the game.

ANIMAL MAN! WHERE ART THOU?! WE NEED YOUR HELP! It sounds to me like your AI modifications alone would be phenomenal - it seems like you've changed the AI from mediocre pushover to quite the competent commander!

• 11 months later...