D2k Background Music/Sounds

D2k Sardaukar

4 hours ago, stefanhendriks said:

Sounds awesome to me. I also have Ignite and such a keyboard. The only thing I made was a short remake of the Dune 2 intro (I believe it is linked somewhere on this forum). The downside is that Ignite does not allow to change tempo during the song. Nevertheless it is cool to create music with that, it is pretty intuitive.

Thanks! :)

Yes, making music in Ignite can go smoothly and is a lot of fun, thanks to things like pre-recorded notes, however the program does have its limitations in how complex the music (timing) can get.

The last song was made in Music Creator 6 which has more options, but I still find it difficult to get the same timing as the original Dune 2000 music. I'm probably just not that good at understanding music and rhythm. :)

I will see if I got some time next month to make new sounds. Yeah, I will call it sounds, because it are not really songs, more like dark-empty-space-dune-themed-sounds.

Edited by D2k Sardaukar

What if you don't try to re-create. But simply make your own version of the songs? Hitting the limits of the program, even if it means that the song is different at some or most parts. It is how remixes are made as well. See if you can mimic parts of a song, then put them together that fits. Instead of putting together to try to mimic that part of the song. I dunno if I explained that properly though.

14 hours ago, X3M said:

What if you don't try to re-create. But simply make your own version of the songs? Hitting the limits of the program, even if it means that the song is different at some or most parts. It is how remixes are made as well. See if you can mimic parts of a song, then put them together that fits. Instead of putting together to try to mimic that part of the song. I dunno if I explained that properly though.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I will also try that. This might mean that the music will be more 'basic', because I can't do fancy rhythm stuff (because of my limits and the program). 

Gonna be fun to make some new 'Dune 2000' sounds and mixing.

If you guys got suggestions just post here.

By the way, I will be aiming at spooky space dark background sounds/music, not the next pop song. :)

15 hours ago, D2k Sardaukar said:

Yeah, I see what you mean. I will also try that. This might mean that the music will be more 'basic', because I can't do fancy rhythm stuff (because of my limits and the program). 

Gonna be fun to make some new 'Dune 2000' sounds and mixing.

If you guys got suggestions just post here.

By the way, I will be aiming at spooky space dark background sounds/music, not the next pop song. :)

Spooky space dark background sounds / music? Sounds great, dude! Get some tracks for that new Heighliner tileset. :D

You consider doing any, like, ambient work? Like Quake 1 kinda sounds, I dunno. Maybe it'd work for D2k.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a great intro to a 5 minute music. Keep the original of 1 minute. But see if you can attach fitting music to it that builds on the intro. Like a second melody on top of the first, or something like that.