Unit limit in Dune 2000?

THE AQIB

Well i was playtesting my mod yesterday and after i created a lot of flame trooper and combat tanks a message came saying you may not build any more units or something like that unfortunately i didnt have any screen capturing software on...

Anyone heard of this??

d2k always had a units limit. Although many people think that it is not.

You can count it. Just build the units, while the limit is not reached.

You'll know when a message appears.

This is a huge drawback of d2k. The engine supports a lot of units,

but not enough.

well this limit   is  active in multiplayer..  there is no hope to have 5000  tanks in army.   i checked , its around 1000 units. including your buldings, enemy units enemy buldings,,  its counting total  amount of units/structurres o map

this is due to engine  .  dune network code is  outdated and old. allowing to have more than 1000 units total  would make game unstable and  risk of crash.

if you want infinite army - use red alert 2 .if we would make dune2000  conversion mod to dune 2000 our problem would be definietly gone.  and no need to make subhouses because  just rename  the  exsisting houses to dune houses. .. also  red alert 2 engine appears to have much more functions,   and  the map editor , allow you to make very hard mission that can require specified tasks to do. ..

theres no limits for units in emperor battle for dune, but if you build more, game will be  slowing down and surely crash

cnc genrals : zero hour  is also good example and  we should work on other one, because dune game  engine is  exploited to its end.we have to think on  other

It doesn't matter. Once I made some changes in Feda's atr campaign in a mission and even if you killed the enemies you wouldn't have won. So I finished all letting only me and the ally on map. I had some starport reinforcements coming periodicly while the ally kept building. I moved the game to the task bar so it can enter he super speed mode. I waited and visited occasionally until after about 10 mins of waiting I saw the message. I was curious if units still can be built and delivered. So i moved it back ro the task bar about 2 minutes. When I joined the game back, surprise, even more units.

In conclusion that message is there just to warn you that the units may not be build, not that they wont. I wouldn't worry about that.

Honestly at that point you should just attack.

You right, but we are discussing this limitation. Сlearly that nobody do not allow to build so much.

To all:

If you want to prove that you can build buildings \ units infinitely - show me screenshots of the

map(ingame), completely filled units. Repeat - structure of the engine does not allow build units indefinitely.

Make eighty thousand units - then we'll talk. I saw crazy mod 2009, it crash when this limit(post #11) reached.

Quiet snow: ur talking about something else, of course the engine will crash if u make too many units, but they talked about the message "you may not build any more units at this time...", which lets you stay in game, but if you make any more units, they won't come out of the production building

I tested something on LAN on my 2 home PC's, I wanted to reach that limit to test - press abort on one pc so it gets replaced by AI and I would have so many units to fight (btw that is bugged, AI will keep half the units in base and wont use them to defend), but it was taking unusually long to build the limit and after awhile i counted units and it was about 2k units, so there seems to be no limit for LAN and in my online carrier I never experienced reaching that limit, while on skirmish all the time.

Quiet snow: ur talking about something else, of course the engine will crash if u make too many units, but they talked about the message "you may not build any more units at this time...", which lets you stay in game, but if you make any more units, they won't come out of the production building

I tested something on LAN on my 2 home PC's, I wanted to reach that limit to test - press abort on one pc so it gets replaced by AI and I would have so many units to fight (btw that is bugged, AI will keep half the units in base and wont use them to defend), but it was taking unusually long to build the limit and after awhile i counted units and it was about 2k units, so there seems to be no limit for LAN and in my online carrier I never experienced reaching that limit, while on skirmish all the time.

Really? The limit can be triggered in campagin, so its odd that LAN would not have that restriction.