Emperor expansion pack

Ghosty_Square

ok...

1) i've reinstalled emperor.

2) install 1.08 patch

3) logged onto WOL, d/l and installed 1.09 patch.

4) downloaded mod-pack.

5) extracted mod-pack files using winzip into a new 'model' folder created under winzip.

6) all files were successfully extracted into 'model' folder with new sub-folders created automatically by winzip.

I've run the game and it's exactly the same as b4 - Nothing new. There must be something i missed.....?!?!?

oh corrions are awwsome!!

the only problem is i cant play with them on maps more than two players! i think..

probably cause i haven't tried the 3 or 4 player maps. but ive tried eight and six

have you ever played in fortified canyon? awsome place to rush!

well corrinos vehicles could use improvements. like the siege tanks for example the fire is not that powerful. Can you please relive the MINOS for the corrino its the most powerful unit in my opinion in the game second to the devastator. MINO MINO MINO MINO MINO MINO.

smugglers aren't very good the mobile cannon has no armour and the quads missles are ok not good but ok. i just hoped you would have put the atreides subhouse instead of SUMMGLERS im sorry to say it but the smugglers are no good and plus half way throught the game sometimes i forget to build the smugglers and BAM lockup, freeze, cant turn off comp, have to unplug, rebbot, then half to wait FIVE dam* hours to go through the dam* correcting.

(not really five hours exaggerating there)

other than the smuglers the x-pak is great.

Iron griffins AWSOME.

oh yeah can you make another unit for corrino something like a unit that has a awsome attack?

like the devastator, MINO, and KOBRA.

aa platform TOO AWESOME on prob IT SHOOT ON THE GROUND WHEN IT DOESN"T DO ANY DAMAGE.

bye see you sorry for the flaming but you know im still one of the x-paks supporters!

ghosty,

the mod doesn't seem to work for me... I downloaded the xpack file with music from Dune2k.com and extracted all the files into my Emperor folder (as stated in the readme file), yet when i run the game nothing seems to have changed....

My emperor folder has the following directory:

C://westwood/emperor/

Do i have to reinstall emp b4 extracting the mod files into the emperor folder..??

Guest Liet Kynes

OOI

Wat happens when the laser turret shoots a shielded unit? Does it explode? It should, i mean it is a laser. But the there's not much sense in using it against the Ordos. That's not fair becase you support Ordos. :(

Could som1 plz anser? Plz?

[This message has been edited by Liet Kynes (edited 03-21-2002).]

Guest ebmonkey

Frosco:

Did you make sure you extracted with full path extraction on? Otherwise all the files would dump into your root directory without creating the correct directories. Check your main emperor folder and see if there's a bunch of .TGA files in there. If there are, you need to install it again with full paths. Hope this helps.

- Ebola Monkey

ebmonkey:

I've just re-installed emperor on my hd and only have a 'data' folder in the emperor folder. Do i have to create a new 'model' folder for the extracted files?

Anyone else had a similar problem?

[This message has been edited by frosco (edited 03-20-2002).]

Guest ebmonkey

Frosco: no, you don't install it into a directory named "model". You install with full paths to the main EBFD directory. The pack itself has a directory named model which it will create for you and place the right files in there if you unzip with full paths on.

- Ebola Monkey

btw thanx for working on the switch!! i havent payed a regular game of EBFD cause im too lazy to unistall mod and i havent played it online yet... who wants to get a game on? i tried to revive the mappacks post to add who dl mod in there and i also created a new one but they both died...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Liet Kynes

I should have said this earlier but I've done sum research.

Bashar: A sard officer slightly above the rank of colonel.

Burseg: A Sard commanding general.

So u see you should have used Bursegs *not* Bashars. Not that it matters much but i just thought I should menshun it. It doesn't make a difference, Bashars are still cool. I don't mean to cause probs but Mayb u can Fix it in the next x-pack.

"Minor improvements were made in this version.

Fixed bugs:

1) Iron Griffin no more gets extreme speed when veteran

2) Elite Sard's and Rocket Turret's AA was taken off

3) You can now build smuggler units without stopping factory production

Balance issues:

Lion tank now has slightly more speed but also a bit less armor"