Well, I thought I am the only one..

jamie

..who wants make a Dune 2000 remake from scratch, but with original content. But, lol, then I found OpenRA mod and dozens of remakes here, on FED2k.

But guys, SORRY, I still need to make my own version of remake, because.. well, it will be surprise for you (:

post-19735-0-79128600-1363108000_thumb.jpost-19735-0-03621700-1363108004_thumb.j

Here is what I had in 2011. I failed then due lack of motivation. But looks like I am ready now.

• Upvote 2

Hello, it's me again :-)

That's difficult to answer, but if we want to have a finished product there is no other alternative. Of course OpenRA is an option but as long as it does not support 32bpp, better not use it.

OpenRA is good enough imho.

wow....
impressive....
i'm also doing game on dune 2000 from the scratch....
also when your game is complete please do show....
happy to know you did something....

Thank you. Of course, final version will be shown here.

Well... Instead of creating different Dune's... Why not creating a team and working together?

Your words sounds correct, but not in my particular case. 

Once again, why I am doing this? This project is the bridge, the connection to my further one.

Today I had not much free time, but I've added camera, basic definition of game world into engine, map and, hehe, first unit.

Also, it cannot be shown, but game is playing "Attack on Arrakis" for atmosphere and even this dummy demo creates feeling of good old days. :-)

post-19735-0-53595100-1363189306_thumb.p

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again. Just returned from vacation (:

@jamie : which engine are you using to make the game???

i'm interested.........

I am using Vortex2D for graphics and sound. All other stuff is handwritten.

For now, I am ready to start pathfinding testing. Map is ready too:

post-19735-0-81676900-1364139965_thumb.p

• Upvote 2

Hello guys (:

A* pathfinding is ready to use.

post-19735-0-59099500-1364199427_thumb.p

Red rectangles are restricted areas. Units will avoid these.

Founded path is displayed by green dots.

// THE AQIB and Shai-Gel98 — thank you for attention to this topic guys, I really appreciate this.

i myself am interested in it much... i like dune... and it seems you are the next hope.... do well... cause i need competition.... :)

Though you shouldnt consider it as competition, any new and improved engines that support dune2k are a good thing.

PS: I'm watching this topic as well, just hadn't posted yet :P Keep up the good work!

PS2: I really hope you'll include hi-res :D I'm pretty sure you will, but just wanted to make sure

Though you shouldnt consider it as competition, any new and improved engines that support dune2k are a good thing.

PS: I'm watching this topic as well, just hadn't posted yet :P Keep up the good work!

PS2: I really hope you'll include hi-res :D I'm pretty sure you will, but just wanted to make sure

well i got mine which is also under construction i didn post stuff there cause i hadnt included some stuff into it...

Hello  :happy:

First, I am really happy to see new facesnicks in this thread — thanks for support guys!

Second, I have a little progress with pathfinding system.

I've just added two pathfinding 'behaviours', one is for vehicle second is for infantry.

post-19735-0-11395300-1364308143_thumb.p

The green dots here is the path for infantry, while the blue ones - for vehicle. Paths is not same because vehicle tries to use solid ground, while infantry have no difference in surface to walk on.

• Upvote 3

Hello (:

Currently, I have nothing to show.

well i'm havin a lot of trouble with pathfinding system myself....

Pathfinding is not a problem at all. The main problem for me is the behaviour of units on path.

You can start from Lee algorithm.

Was this manual, or did you use the .bin files?

No reverse engineering here.

I can help you get it reading the tile data from the original .bin files if you're interested

These would be extremely helpful. I am also wondering how game finds corresponding tileset for map — because map itself doesn't contains information what tileset it is using.