Emperor Chronicles The Rise Of Corrino Empire

THE AQIB

Is the grass replacing the sand?

sand is replaced by tall grass in dark green colour..

rock is replaced by stepped on grass in light green colour..

Well done! This is really great, now all those tilesets which were originally kinda the same can be useful now.

well I can create other extra tilesets for the forum..

how about that??

• 2 weeks later...

When help is needed no one responds not even to say why r they busy..

It's kinda frustrating..

As I'm alone at this and using stuff from the last posts of all modding forums..

I'm done sketching out mission maps..

Only 8 maps remain to be made due to tilesets being incomplete..

.mis files and text.uib still left..

Converstion of uib to 1024x768 is still pending as I have no idea on menu designs.. Everything looks gud to me..

In game vids are even problems.. as all people here are camera shy..

I think I need to act as everyone.. (how can I act as baron?? I need pillows!!)

New sprites are complete and need the 3d models and 2d them after..

Well big job fr me.. Especially as Dune 2000 engine has no way to edited easily..

Fr nw I do it in hols only..

Working days full time study..

So it'll take a bit tym..

Hope you guys can wait..

Bro's making demo missions..

I'll launch the demo soon as I can..

Man i'm gonna repeat this: stop getting in so many things, you WON'T be able to make them all, or at least not in a decent amount of time especially if you say you're working alone. For example, the videos are totally useless, why don't you focus on the gameplay, the tilesets and missions to get a demo release ready. Try to do the things you can as fast as possible now, and let those hard & time consuming ones for later. People are waiting a release, an incomplete one ofc, just to be a release. Vids would take LOTS of time.

Good luck anyway.

• Upvote 5

Man i'm gonna repeat this: stop getting in so many things, you WON'T be able to make them all, or at least not in a decent amount of time especially if you say you're working alone. For example, the videos are totally useless, why don't you focus on the gameplay, the tilesets and missions to get a demo release ready. Try to do the things you can as fast as possible now, and let those hard & time consuming ones for later. People are waiting a release, an incomplete one ofc, just to be a release. Vids would take LOTS of time.

Good luck anyway.

well Thnx..

all aspects of a game should be taken with the same care..

but I'm prioritizing the modding..

for nw it's going gud, terribly boring bt gud..

first it's maps and tilesets..

then mis and text.uib..

thn a few modding nd demo..

thn comes the rest and vids come last..

Btw can anyone tell me cliff color for grass tileset..

and the colors for lava and ice tileset..

I need it for imperial mercenaries missions..

Thnx again..

• 2 months later...

Demo Version is being constructed..

Works on creating new missions is a go..

All stuff you see in the Alpha Demo come from the vanilla games..

The final Demo Version will have fully new stuff in it..

post-22758-0-95107800-1390548303_thumb.p

D.E.M.O. Version MainMenu (Still Under Construction)

• Upvote 1

Tell me how is this for the new menu style..

This is only available in demo..

This image is still unfinished..

It looks pretty rough, there are lots of spots in the image that are clearly edited. If its something I can notice easily at a first glance, its something worth improving.

Why not have difficulty load in the same way the main menu handles it (calling "DIFFICULTY" and then the menu you want to jump to)?

• Upvote 3

It looks pretty rough, there are lots of spots in the image that are clearly edited. If its something I can notice easily at a first glance, its something worth improving.

Why not have difficulty load in the same way the main menu handles it (calling "DIFFICULTY" and then the menu you want to jump to)?

Well this briefing is based off red alert 3 expansion briefing..

and this is an edit of original pictbook.tga..

• Upvote 2

everything man, but lets not talk about it here as it'll probably become a huge off-topic

I just think it looks like a messy edit. I'm not sure what the term for it is because I'm not a graphic artist, but you can see spots where the source image is obviously copied and pasted, and the lines from the original pictbook image are distorted. The difficulty menu just feels wrong being shoved in the corner like that.

• Upvote 1

everything man, but lets not talk about it here as it'll probably become a huge off-topic

tell me.. pm if you feel off topic..

I want to know the drawbacks. .

I just think it looks like a messy edit. I'm not sure what the term for it is because I'm not a graphic artist, but you can see spots where the source image is obviously copied and pasted, and the lines from the original pictbook image are distorted. The difficulty menu just feels wrong being shoved in the corner like that.

ok ok.. enough with graphics thingy..

it's just rough version..

i'm in a hurry to roll out the demo..

I'll fix it next time before demo release..

unfortunately it might take a while due to my final exams..

but how much evet it takes i'll release it soon..

• Upvote 2

tell me.. pm if you feel off topic..

I want to know the drawbacks. .

ok ok.. enough with graphics thingy..

it's just rough version..

i'm in a hurry to roll out the demo..

I'll fix it next time before demo release..

unfortunately it might take a while due to my final exams..

but how much evet it takes i'll release it soon..

just let the vanilla dune version for the demo, dont waste time on that for a demo release, i just wanna play the mod i dont care about graphics that much and im sure thats how many others are feling

• Upvote 2

just let the vanilla dune version for the demo, dont waste time on that for a demo release, i just wanna play the mod i dont care about graphics that much and im sure thats how many others are feling

exactly, if you are planning on fixing the menu later on you may as well just release it with a plain menu (like the mission select menu) instead of spending time on a menu that is going to change anyway.

• Upvote 2

exactly, if you are planning on fixing the menu later on you may as well just release it with a plain menu (like the mission select menu) instead of spending time on a menu that is going to change anyway.

Sure.. As you guys wish..

Reverted to original..