Emperor Chronicles The Rise Of Corrino Empire

THE AQIB

I'm posting written tutorials for dune 2000 modding and here is the first one TUTORIAL 1

After an year of modding and editing. We've reached 75% of our mod production...
All missions are complete and bugtests for all missions are also complete...
Rewiring of some missions to fix its extreme difficulty back to normal is underway...
The new units need stat changes due to problems of them either useless or too destructive on the battle field...

Other news is The FMV crew is still not ready due to miscalculations of stuff...
GUI replacement is also behind schedule so the demo release might be postponed to a further date...
Replacement in the audio is also underway and will also take time to complete...
Text replacement is completed...
Map bugs to be searched for in the near future...
New maps for Skirmish/multiplayer/LAN...

Sardaukar and Harkonnen share the same space hence in single player they are sardaukar and in multiplayer they are harkonnen....

More News coming Soon....

• Upvote 1

After few days of major editing in the .uil files i've reclibrated a lot of menus to suit my game...

Now making epilogue and prologue missions whichallow you to play as fremen on arrakis, imperial mercenaries on various planets and emperor on their homeplanet...

Will keep you all in the loop...

More info comming soon...

Well after a few more developments in the game mod tools now

i'm working on a few more missions for the game other than the

main missions...

These new missions are side missions which are either prologue

or epilogue missions...

You can play as fremen also in prologue and epilogue missions...

Imperial Mercenaries will be recieving prologue and epilogue

missions...

Emperor will be available in prologue and epilogue missions...

So totally we increased the missions from original

27 missions to 81 missions...

And can add even more but will do less here due to time

constraints...

Also Menus are to be remade and need designs..

Any such suggestions for menus are open and anyone can help...

Also we'll be continuing the game as a sequel which will take

time as we are planning to use another engine to create the

game...

But will be announcing on it when we've decided to start of...

Also

suggestions for new units

are open and if anyone wants to

join the sequel game's team

they can pm me also...

More info will come soon....

-THE AQIB

you cant add  completly new units  to this game,   this engine has not been reserched  eoungh to find the way to add completly new units,

i would like that there should be some sort of air forces?  like  emperor bomber, emperor fighter  , since dune has no water  you wont be able to addd some naval units? like  emperor cruiser, emperor battleship , emperor destroyer etc.

you cant add completly new units to this game, this engine has not been reserched eoungh to find the way to add completly new units,

i would like that there should be some sort of air forces? like emperor bomber, emperor fighter , since dune has no water you wont be able to addd some naval units? like emperor cruiser, emperor battleship , emperor destroyer etc.

Dude i'm not making the sequel in the same engine...

I'm thinking of using another engine...

Yea emperor needs units, ur idea will be taken into consideration but can u elaborate wht units are and the units uses???

emperor bomber - strong agaist rocket turrets  weak agaist  missile tanks - role of emperor bomber : bombardment of  enemy base,  destroying spice fields

uses   500kg / 1000kg  kinetic/thermal bombs that do    damage  agaist  steel concrete , wood , and liife forms

emperor fighter -   weak agaist rocket turrets and missile tanks - role of emperor fighter : intercepting  death hand missiles,  intercepting  carryals intercepting ornithopters destroyign infantry forces

uses 77mm  automated  large   machine gun

emperor transporter : strong vs none weak vs all  - role of emperor transporter ; can take up to 10 tanks  and  30 infantry

uses   no weapon tis unarmed unit

naval units if planned

emperor destroyer : strong vs  any frigate  weak vs  any   ship larger than destroyer , role of emperor destroyer : destroying   land  shores defenses  , neutralizing  infantry and  evechicles .

uses 5  turrets with   150mm  guns  and   six  small  machine guns 20mm

emperor  frigate  weak vs any other ship  larger than frigate - role of  emperor frigate : supporting   emperor naval fleet

uses  2 turrets  88mm guns 1  standard machine gun  40mm

emperor cruiser  , weak agaist any battlecruiser , battleship , aircraft carriers,  strong vs destroyers , frigates    ground defenses role of  emperor cruiser :  long range  combat  , destroying  infrastructure structures like factories power plants,  very effective kinetic bullets also can  destroy   solid structures such dams , bridges , unguided missiles can penetrate  bunkers

uses  8 turrets   240mm  guns  with  100mm unguided missiles

emperor battleship :  strong vs all weak vs none.   role of  emperor battleship : its an ultimate weapon that can destroy  large  bases quickly, its  huge armor  is  excellent for  solo combat , howewer  is vulnerable to any missile weapon!

uses  8 turrets 380mm guns  4 turrets  240mm guns and  8 advanced automated machine guns 77mm

emperor carrier  , strong vs all up to  battlecruiser , weak vs    missiles and large caliber guns , fragile to flame weapons   role of emperor carrier :  it can  transport   fighters and bombers to destination to quick launch  forces to destroy nearby base , retracting them back to carrier and  return to base, can engage  some naval targets with its  installed turrets

uses  2 turrets   200mm guns   4 machine guns 40mm  1 unguided missile launcher 50mm

something other

emperor gate : can transport  units without   using airplanes/ships  between continents  up to 50 tanks 100 infantry per session,  require  alot of power gates must be set  on both continents to operate, if destroyed one of them when uit transfer - they are lost.

emperor  scanner : used to locate  electromagnetic  anomalies like camouflaged infantry,tanks and other  units

new tank for emperor

emperor  incinerator  , strong vs infantry  weak vs  other vechicles role of  emperor incinerator : equipped with high-power lasers can melt down infantry to  piece of dust, can destroy some  buldings that uses steel support,  can destroy some  low armored  vechicles.

uses   10 heavy lasers

• 3 weeks later...

Well my work is still on and just now got a few more ideas up my sleeve..

When the game comes out you'll see a different dune 2000 with the same gameplay and engine..

You'll feel it change even though it stays same..

Have fun with my game once it launches..

The size might be 1 or 2 gb if videos take up space..

Well once the job is done you'll get the game.. Till then be patient and wait for it..

Dune FPS game ideas i'm making as well as another rts game..

News on this also will be told at the end of the release date..

• Upvote 1

Don't let us wait till you finish vids, that'll take years (maybe?) or will never happen. Focus on the mod itself first, then the videos :D

"Dune fps game ideas i'm making as well" - What do you mean with this? Are you making a Renegade Dune2000 mod?

Don't let us wait till you finish vids, that'll take years (maybe?) or will never happen. Focus on the mod itself first, then the videos :D

"Dune fps game ideas i'm making as well" - What do you mean with this? Are you making a Renegade Dune2000 mod?

Not renegade dune mod.. i have no idea which engine i'll use but i'll tell about it soon...

About the videos, it'll take a few days of shooting and another few days of editing..

I'm doing it This month but god knows when it'll end..

Making fremen missions.. They'll be awesome to play with..

The videos will happen, just got the software back.. I was working on the mod slowly for past few weeks due to an exam on 20th.. But aftr tht i'm free till i get into a college.. I'll do work at tht tym if i have tym..

• 3 weeks later...

Intro Video Complete just now..

Sound should be added now or tomorrow..

Few more edits to be done..

The game demo will be available to download soon..

As it is a full game mod, i can't just put in the modified file as i forgot which all files i modded..

Progress

post-22758-0-98113500-1370203553_thumb.p

post-22758-0-56468700-1370203565_thumb.p

• Upvote 3

Both websites have been edited...

But still i need to update them with new content..

Intro video is being converted to avi format with just the right settings to be put into the game...

http://ectroce.webs.com/  <== Emperor Chronicles Official Website

http://dune2kmod.webs.com/ <==Dune2K-MOD / Minority Studios Official Website

• Upvote 3

I hope you got a good story considering you made campaigns. I mean something at least better than westwood's boring one. A mod with so many new things and sides needs a good story and nice missions. Variety is key, so i hope that they wont be like westwood ones: kill everything all the time...

I'm looking forward to playing this, waiting that demo/beta release.

PS: Umm Minority Studios, that would be you? Or?

I hope you got a good story considering you made campaigns. I mean something at least better than westwood's boring one. A mod with so many new things and sides needs a good story and nice missions. Variety is key, so i hope that they wont be like westwood ones: kill everything all the time...

I'm looking forward to playing this, waiting that demo/beta release.

PS: Umm Minority Studios, that would be you? Or?

well i'm trying my level best to create good missions rather than the old westwood ones..

well one of them is the three team switch control mission in fremen..

also can you give me an idea whch mission style you hate from the old westwood missions??

Umm I think that on the main menu you should add  back that copyright thingy that original dune has, not sure if there could be any issue but just to make sure ;) And those westwood guys deserve it for such a good game right? :D

• Upvote 3

Umm I think that on the main menu you should add  back that copyright thingy that original dune has, not sure if there could be any issue but just to make sure ;) And those westwood guys deserve it for such a good game right? :D

Yea, EA might go after you. 

• Upvote 1

ok if you say so...

Make sure you include a license readme making it clear that it is a MOD and that you need to have purchaced the original game, with all copyright stuff included.

actually i have an original copy of the game but it has  scratches and because of that the game installs without the videos..