Dune as a first person stratergy

THE AQIB

Well as i still havnt scand the drawings yet i'll post it here....

The dune world is 3d and on battlefield you control just one unit of your choice...

You can use some menus to assign teams and make yourself teams....

Teams can be created by the units that are availabe....

The user can also build units and can switch through them they can play as infantry or as vehicles...

He can also assign guard units to protect his base and can instruct the base's ai to build buildings and place them accordingly...

Super weapons can be also used through a device...

You can experience fps...

when in vehicle mode you can call in a carryall for transportation to the nearest repairpad...

Can control general units like mcv,harvester,turrets etc...

While being atriedes can use ornithopter strike beacon and while harkonnen can use death hand missile navigator...

Assign newly built units to attacking teams or base gaurding or you can jump into them...

Before game begins we can choose the unit we'll use at the begginning from a list of those present on the map....

Well this idea came into my mind when i was thinking about implementation of fps in a dune game...

It's a crude idea but can be really great to play...

Just imagine that you are playing as a unit in dune rts game in fps mode...

Extra stuff i added are that the spice is shown to us and we can build units and buildings but until we jump into that unit it'll be controlled by ai and any building constructed will be placed by ai....

Also three teams can be made to attack enemy but if we are a unit in that team they will follow us...

Another team can be assign to protect base....

We will also be able to give the teams controlled by ai the position to attack from...

Renegade is a first person shooter where you only control yourself.

But ordering people and other units around. You can find that in Battlezone II.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlezone_II:_Combat_Commander

It was wonderful. And the units already reminded me of trike's (hoover bike), combat tanks and siege tanks. And you could build up a base.

@x3m:

precisely....

but unfortunately there ain't that much engines which can do it and that idea was a flop then I guess...

but it's an idea....

@mrfibble:

well bfd:woa is good but lacks the orginality of dune rts or the fps for that fact....

but i'll see it once it's complete....

I was thinking of making it when I get time from my dune rts game making....

I'm playing renegade every day online, that game has an excellent concept. They already did a great job for Red Alert, creating a renegade mod for Red Alert called Red Alert: A Path Beyond (I heared that even EA supports this IIRC). The Dune one looks good as well, but it's in development.

AQIB, what you want is something like C&C Sole Survivor right? But an improved version of that, with more features.

Battlezone2 has all those requirements. But I don't know about programming or modding. And I don't know if the game is open source or not.

However, if you manage to do something with Battlezone2. Make sure the outpost (where you have the RTS view) is closed. And your soldier, is about 3 times as strong as other infantry.

Perhaps some RPG for yourself as well :D. Where you upgrade your own health and damage and weapons. So a RTS/FPS/RPG hybrid.

You know that WOA is based on the Renegade engine. Right?

Good luck with Battlezone2, I remember it as one of the toughest games ever.

You need to command your troops in battle. Keep an eye out for applying the right micro, while the enemy actually does select it's targets that are weak. And you have to dodge bullets and know which ones you can hurt.

And when you command your troops from above, you can get killed by 1 simple bullet :D

So, if you are ever going to use this concept, make the player a RPG person. And make sure there are more defences, like a solid radar outpost and stuff.