Harvester replacement in practice...

sandworm

Hey everyone.

Im having a little problem with practice mode. My harvester replacements have stopped working. When your last harvester is destroyed, there is no reinforcement drop for a replacement, so I was wondering what file would have this data? I ask so I can replace it maybe with a back up.

Thanks in advance.

You do get a harvester replacement in practice. In mission mode it has to be added manually with event editors. How ever in practice mode, I think its Hard-Coded in one of the data files. Its not the prac.mis file, you can only change the alliance settings and the main AI behavior. Im going to have to tinker around with some of the files to see which one it is. If any one happens to come across it let me know, thanks.

Ah so its 1.06 I had a feeling it would be the patch that did this. I was confused, i booted up dune 2000 after a while, played a quick skirmish with some AI. My harvester was eaten by a worm...Im sitting there waiting for the "Reinforcements have arrived" message ??? , Would you know what file this would be coded in MVI?

one moment one moment. maybe we dont need to mess with dat file but might be problem in uil files? maybe  in skirmish.uil or other skirmish related  uil file contain value to  not use conditions/triggers/events  this explains why we can only change diplomacy in skirmish/multiplayer

can somebody  open prac mis and see whats inside? maybe  browsing content of both files  can say us some more. ,

anyway if is all coded to dune2000.dat how we will extract AI file multiplayer coding and skirmish coding along with campagin coding. disassemble or reverse engineering  will help. , maybe using tasm disassembler could provide us something more, i

Ok to answer the question why the Harvester replacement is wanted? I remember before 1.06, there would be a harvester reinforcement after your last one was destroyed. With out this condition, you need to quit the game since you have no more harvesters and can not afford one. PLUS the AI gives up after its harvesters are all destroyed (It sells all of its buildings). I would like to the change 1.06 did to what file to cause harvesters to stop being replaced.

@Nuclear_harvester, the prac_mis file contains the house indexes, starting credits and alliances. Adding events/conditions have no effect.

@akafedykin, Yes, I remember that feature was implemented before 1.06, and I have no idea where that info would be located