guniap

Lightbringer

now i have learnt to mod emperor

it's easier than i first thouht

y won't the guniap fire any type of weapon is it a problem with the modle

is there anyway to fix it

i know that the gun it uses works as i have used it on the at air drone

oh by the way i'm certain that before i updated to 1.9 it fired

Yes, there is a way to fix it.  I replaced the FXData section from the Guild Niap flyer's XBF files with the FXData section from the Atreides Drone XBF files, and with the modified XBF files, the Niap shoots.  I'm adding the Niap and 2 other aircraft to a new version of my Emperor Fast Units Mod.  If anyone wants to include the Niap in a mod, send me an email to aia96@softcom.net and I'll email you copies of the modified XBF files.

Making the harvester fire would be more complicated than what I did to make the Guniap fire, and at present, I don't know enough to do it.  If you replaced the entire FXData section of the harvester with a shooting unit's FXData section, the harvester wouldn't harvest, and I don't think the harvester has a turret in its Xbf files, so it probably wouldn't shoot anyway. Inserting a turret and part of the FXData section from another unit to the harvester's Xbf files may be possible, but I don't know enough to do it at this time.

couldn't you make a new weapon for the harvester that is has the devastator thing? (because the devastator can shoot two things) and one of the weapons could be harvesting, and one a light infantry ammo? im not much of a modder but its an idea.

• 10 years later...