Saved games

konrad

If you have the CD version of the game, then they're somewhere like C:\Program Files\RRT2-Pt\games. However, your RT2 folder might have a longer name (I shortened mine during installation).

If you have the Steam version, then your files may be elsewhere, possibly application data under a user profile. It would be something like C:\Documents and Settings\<insert username here>\Application Data\Railroad Tycoon.

If you still can't find them, then search your entire hard drive for this exact filename (quoted to preserve spaces):

"Example save game.GAM".

I tried looking in C:\Program Files\RRT2-Pt\games but there were only examplesavegame.gam and tutorial.gam. When I extracted them from this folder it doesn't make any change with saves during game.

Now I find "button" Compatibility files"(I have win Vista) in this folder and it shows all my saves but path for them were C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Railroad Tycoon II - Platinum\games

So if anybody alse would have the same problem, maybe this would be the solution

thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am now playing RR2 Plat from Steam. I am using Win 7. All works well. except I cannot find the backup fines. I have carefully followed all the above suggestions. i.e. searching for backup file names and backup extensions. I have also followed the Steam paths. the user, my documents path and a number of other paths I found thru the Windows Explorer. I did find under User/Myname/My documents/My games/Sid Meier's Railroad's/Saves/Auto, a bunch of very old RR2 saved games from an old installation. I had an old disk installed RR2 which I erased a year ago. Last month I reinstalled the game via Steam.

Any help out there other than what has already been offered?