[RELEASE] New Ixian Campaign - We tech-up Arrakis!

Feda

@mvi, I was thinking about that, I might do it if I get good ideas, so feel free to share anything :D I'm up for the stealth thingy, probably will replace the Stealth Raider.

@athanasios, thats how u made mission 4? Wow, you guys really found totally different ways of completing that one, my idea was going the top base with the fremens (pass the rock entrance) kill the guys who stay in ur way but try to avoid any conflict so that the enemy wont start making inf like mad. Then pass the bridge which links this top first base to the middle strong base (with factories, turrets). There, just take care not to be squished by tanks or detected. Find a rock entrance similar to the first base ones , pass through it then just head to the outpost and kill it. The harvester is not supposed to be used, but anyways.. Harv is there to prevent the engine uncloak one unit at a time (which is generated by the fact that one player has only stealth units and the game uncloaks one of them). I might re add that mission with the harvester being blocked by cliffs so you cannot use it. But the way you did it sounds interesting as well, idk what to do :D was is hard? did it take many attempts or you did it from the first try?

About the colors, I think OpenRA d2k fixed that, but I can't cuz of the dune's engine.

@mvi, I was thinking about that, I might do it if I get good ideas, so feel free to share anything :D I'm up for the stealth thingy, probably will replace the Stealth Raider.

@athanasios, thats how u made mission 4? Wow, you guys really found totally different ways of completing that one, my idea was going the top base with the fremens (pass the rock entrance) kill the guys who stay in ur way but try to avoid any conflict so that the enemy wont start making inf like mad. Then pass the bridge which links this top first base to the middle strong base (with factories, turrets). There, just take care not to be squished by tanks or detected. Find a rock entrance similar to the first base ones , pass through it then just head to the outpost and kill it. The harvester is not supposed to be used, but anyways.. Harv is there to prevent the engine uncloak one unit at a time (which is generated by the fact that one player has only stealth units and the game uncloaks one of them). I might re add that mission with the harvester being blocked by cliffs so you cannot use it. But the way you did it sounds interesting as well, idk what to do :D was is hard? did it take many attempts or you did it from the first try?

About the colors, I think OpenRA d2k fixed that, but I can't cuz of the dune's engine.

I told you not everybody will understand how you tell them to pass the mission.

I always try different approaches so did many attempts.  Finally 2 saves suffice. Once you know the tactic you know what you are doing. Just not play with slow speed to fine tune your movements and attacks on soldiers. You cannot afford to attack 2 or more together. You have to go one by one and when raider is detected 2 or 3 will come after him. You have to wait to make them retreat and attack the last one. The danger is patroling tanks to pass over your fremen. That's why you need to save game. One will die killing soldiers and you may sacrifice one more but not more as then they are not enough to destroy the outpost quickly before they are attacked by soldiers and siege tanks.  You have to make sure a siege tank is not patroling near the outpost when you attack it. Hewre comes the sacrifice (or not if you are lucky) of one fremen. He lures the opponent away by attacking harvester, a structure and the rest do the job.

Do not encircle the harvester. You have warned the player not to move him! If you leave the harvester to collect spice then you loose the strategy. Shai-hulud will come after him! ;-) So the player has to stop the harvester near the rocks. I left the game a bit to run and noticed that soon the enemy will go after the harvester. But it takes some time and it is enough for you to complete the mission.

Now playing mission 5. This is hard. Cannot guard your base and take care for Ordos also. You have to save often as you cannot know where the Emperor will attack (if it is your base and not Ordos and you have a Hark. attack together you are lost). The missile and gun turret of Ordos on the left I think should be next to the top one as it does not suffice. Especially the one on the bottom is almost useless where it is.Provided you cannot use MCVs you cannot do anything and with 5-6 Sard. among them a couple of tanks of Emperor can finish the Ordos base.

Now playing mission 5. This is hard. Cannot guard your base and take care for Ordos also. You have to save often as you cannot know where the Emperor will attack (if it is your base and not Ordos and you have a Hark. attack together you are lost). The missile and gun turret of Ordos on the left I think should be next to the top one as it does not suffice. Especially the one on the bottom is almost useless where it is.Provided you cannot use MCVs you cannot do anything and with 5-6 Sard. among them a couple of tanks of Emperor can finish the Ordos base.

How so? I passed it very easy... Ordos don't need help. I didn't help them a single time because they were fine protecting and attacking too.

How so? I passed it very easy... Ordos don't need help. I didn't help them a single time because they were fine protecting and attacking too.

I got masses of harkonnen units rushing me every time I tried it...

I don't know what you guys are talking about... Ordos never have problems, maybe 1-2 turrets destroyed but they are fine.

And specially made this for Hawker- Mission 5, Handicap [Hard]: 

I'm sorry Hawker, but if you don't have the necessary skills to pass this mission on medium please try on easy. If you can't even on easy you can jump over it...

Yes, I did win every mission on medium, even mission 9 on medium and it wouldn't be big deal to win it on hard either. I have puted on youtube it, but I removed it because I decided to make the full campaign and now I'm thinking I need to prove people every mission is possible on every level, you just need skills. As I said I don't worry about mission 9. Mission 8 is maybe a bit harder on hard because you don't have so much space to build...

I don't know what you guys are talking about... Ordos never have problems, maybe 1-2 turrets destroyed but they are fine.

And specially made this for Hawker- Mission 5, Handicap [Hard]: 

I'm sorry Hawker, but if you don't have the necessary skills to pass this mission on medium please try on easy. If you can't even on easy you can jump over it...

Yes, I did win every mission on medium, even mission 9 on medium and it wouldn't be big deal to win it on hard either. I have puted on youtube it, but I removed it because I decided to make the full campaign and now I'm thinking I need to prove people every mission is possible on every level, you just need skills. As I said I don't worry about mission 9. Mission 8 is maybe a bit harder on hard because you don't have so much space to build...

Making full campaign videos is my job :P

Jk, we can do it both I guess...

My suggestion is, the sub-houses to don't have hard campagins. But its up to modder how he/she want to do his/her campaign(s).

Man I dont say i cant pass the missions i finished them on medium and hard too. I dont need videos to see how i need to pass. :) I hope you understand. But lets finish this discussion.

Aha so you're a silly liar... I'm more than sure somebody who passed missions on medium and hard wouldn't ever ask for having easier missions for sub-houses which means you didn't pass the harder missions on hard nor medium + I played with you and you werent that great ^_^

Making full campaign videos is my job :P

Jk, we can do it both I guess...

Lol... You didn't even finish the campaign for mercenary missions and you want to start at ixians too?

Yes i want. And please stop telling us the skill of other ppl, i told u so many times u are becoming a <you know who> clone. He told us his opinion , easier missins, is his opinion why shoot him for that? This kind of behaviour and drama doesnt help at all so lets stop and post only constrctive replies :)

All missions should be played on hard level (what damn 'beta' /bug testers are we?) and they should be playable on hard level. That's the rule. If a mission is not playable on hard level than it is a failure of the creator of the campaign. Because then what is the hard option for, if you cannot play it?

I finished mission 5. I first attacked Emperor with a dozen battle tanks and a couiple of engineers. Hmm, emperor didn't rebuild entrance turrets but did rebuild the turrets of the starport. But by then it was game over for him. ;-) Before attacking Emperor I had for long eliminating all harvesters around. So many on this mission. Even so Harks came to the assistance of Emperor and I couldn't make it easily if I didn't have the support of Ordos to engage them. Nice mission!

Now will try mission 6 with the refineries. Played a bit to see what it is about... Hmm no barracks? That looks interesting.

well i see you decided to continue with campaign making...

i'm still lagging back on my emperor mod... will try this soon enough...

thanks dude for another round of dune 2k...

Thanks man ! Gl with the emperor mod ;)

• Upvote 1

Yes i want. And please stop telling us the skill of other ppl, i told u so many times u are becoming a clone. He told us his opinion , easier missins, is his opinion why shoot him for that? This kind of behaviour and drama doesnt help at all so lets stop and post only constrctive replies :)

Lol? I don't have any problem with him giving his opinion. All I said was to not complain about having too hard missions if he can pass thrm on hard as he said which is obviously not true... I just used it to show him how obvious his lie was...

All missions should be played on hard level (what damn 'beta' /bug testers are we?) and they should be playable on hard level. That's the rule. If a mission is not playable on hard level than it is a failure of the creator of the campaign. Because then what is the hard option for, if you cannot play it?

I finished mission 5. I first attacked Emperor with a dozen battle tanks and a couiple of engineers. Hmm, emperor didn't rebuild entrance turrets but did rebuild the turrets of the starport. But by then it was game over for him. ;-) Before attacking Emperor I had for long eliminating all harvesters around. So many on this mission. Even so Harks came to the assistance of Emperor and I couldn't make it easily if I didn't have the support of Ordos to engage them. Nice mission!

Now will try mission 6 with the refineries. Played a bit to see what it is about... Hmm no barracks? That looks interesting.

I think the perfect mission is the one which you hardly, but very hardly pass on hard so a mission can't ever be perfect for everybody, but people can practice and they would sure pass the mission on hard somewhen. :)

Still waiting some ideas for new ixian units guys :D The idea of giving them special units is cool, but idk what units.. think about some stealth shit. One tank and one infantry unit to be added, that would be nice... I'm thinking about a "commander" type of unit, which costs much, has much hp and cannot be ran over.

If we could harvest corpses and create new cyborg units from the spare parts it would be cool.

Now stuck with last mission. It is hard and had to restart from an early save. No way to survive if you get a X3 attack on the same time. Have to divert them before they come to your base. You know: Shoot once and head for allied base. The idiotic AI will come after you.

When I finish I will report issues and ideas for improvement from 6 till last one.

If we could harvest corpses and create new cyborg units from the spare parts it would be cool.

Now stuck with last mission. It is hard and had to restart from an early save. No way to survive if you get a X3 attack on the same time. Have to divert them before they come to your base. You know: Shoot once and head for allied base. The idiotic AI will come after you.

When I finish I will report issues and ideas for improvement from 6 till last one.

We can't do such a thing, not with this engine.

Cool :D

Still waiting some ideas for new ixian units guys :D The idea of giving them special units is cool, but idk what units.. think about some stealth shit. One tank and one infantry unit to be added, that would be nice... I'm thinking about a "commander" type of unit, which costs much, has much hp and cannot be ran over.

Some (bad) ideas that may give you inspiration:

You could have some fast low armoured, but heavy weaponed vehicles, like a trike with a combat tank turret firing sonic :

k8P7Q.png

If you set the trooper's primary weapon to Devastator, he will blow himself up. Or if you give him the Devastator bullet you could make him a special weapons trooper and charge a premium rate to build Special Weapon Troopers. E.g.:

9zCMF.png

Or you could take the MCV, change it's behaviour and turn it into a Mobile Weapons Platform, perhaps it would be interesting with a turret on top and giving it some sort of weapon that it fires rapidly. 

ZHlmJ.png

• Upvote 2

Some (bad) ideas that may give you inspiration:

You could have some fast low armoured, but heavy weaponed vehicles, like a trike with a combat tank turret firing sonic :

[img=http://i.imgur.com/k8P7Q.png]

If you set the trooper's primary weapon to Devastator, he will blow himself up. Or if you give him the Devastator bullet you could make him a special weapons trooper and charge a premium rate to build Special Weapon Troopers. E.g.:

[img=http://i.imgur.com/9zCMF.png]

Or you could take the MCV, change it's behaviour and turn it into a Mobile Weapons Platform, perhaps it would be interesting with a turret on top and giving it some sort of weapon that it fires rapidly.

[img=http://i.imgur.com/ZHlmJ.png]

How did you do that?

• Upvote 1

Nice, but modding the trooper will enable it to all houses unfortunately.. damn dune2k  engine... I like the trike thingy, could modify the stealth raider so the unit wont be owned by all houses :D and bonus, its a stealth unit as well

He did it by TibEd.