[RELEASE] New Ixian Campaign - We tech-up Arrakis!

Feda

Hello FED2K. I finally released another campaign. This one was created by me and Galaxy, we worked together on it. You fight as an Ixian commander. IF you guys don't know what Ix is, it is that new light brown side found in the New Atreides and mercenary campaigns. 

NOTE: Please read that README.txt file before installing or before coming here asking questions about stuff which is written inside. About how to install, everything is written in the readme file. Just read all of it, it takes like 3-4 minutes maximum.

Have fun, we hope you enjoy it. Post here any bugs you find.

Update: Version 1.1 - Hotfix Patch released. Please REDOWNLOAD.

Ixian Campaign v1.1.zip

• Upvote 3

I have like 160 and something downloads on atr campaign which has 1 year.. i dont think dune2k has 160 members.. so i guess I'm doing just fine :D

You should see the daily hits on the gruntmods edition lol. Anyway, me and MVI have plans for mod support in D2K+ and the Gruntmods Edition

I have like 160 and something downloads on atr campaign which has 1 year.. i dont think dune2k has 160 members.. so i guess I'm doing just fine :D

Well in the last month we've had about 8000 unique visitors but obviously not all of them visit the Dune 2000 section of the site. :)

Played till mission 4. Great campaign so far! Well done! I want to specially comment on correct tiles chosen for rocks, unlike some other campaigns.

Here go the issues found till now:

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th V2 mission is original one (Atreides) not IX. Make a copy from V1 as in other campaigns.
There are H and O original (remove them to make the file smaller and to avoid copyright issues) and modded, and various zipped missions in the [missions] folder (from where?).

Common issue: sand dunes missing transition tiles to sand (all diagonals missing)-time to fix that one dudes ;-) and a reminder that we may need to draw a few more transition tiles. I kind of not feel so happy even with original sand dunes sprites placed in original maps.

Mission 3: corrupted colors for Sp. Guild. Colors of house in the palette are displayed shifted and reversed. A similar problem appeared in OpenRA Dune-finally how was it solved?
Mission 4: after completed, crashes with error: Enemy house not valid gCampaign Table[][].enemy = 45 [ gGameTicks = 17419]

Tested on Dune2000 1.06 on WindowsME with a PIII CPU and geForce 4200.

1. You're right, I forgot :) 

mission 3: thats how the colors are, they don't exist like the yellow merc etc. You probably need some luck to get them displayed properly or idk.. I see the spacing guild as a light green/cyan/turquoise and the other bases as black and red-brown combination. Note that you need to play the game 16 bit.

Mission 4: I fixed that< I really did, but somehow i see that the mission was reversed to the initial status where it crashes. Trust me, if only I could know wtf happened... It was just ok when i played it, and i uploaded the missions from my folder, so how the hell could it go back to the initial status, I have no clue about this. 

I will release a hotfix with all these things solved. Thanks for reports!

Everything should be fixed, except the guild colors (which isnt a bug, thats how it is, and I say again for correct display you need to play the game in 16 bit) and that thing wit dunes, idk what u mea with that :D

MVI, please update it on d2kplus.com as well. Thanks.

Main post updated, please redownload. Version 1.1 released.

it wont come because after i download and install mod,   whole campaguin was overwritten  .  worked on it   9 days , it was gonna be  hardest  campagins

;) "Surely" it was gonna be the hardest. But next time learn to make backups and read readme files. If that campaign really existed.

only  atreides  files shall be in the installation package,   not for ordos and harkonnen missions .  this mod could hurt other modders.  , anyway   nice way to kill incoming new campagins *^^

Dude its not my fault that u dont know to make backups.. Its something that its not only included in the readme (which you obviously didnt read) but its something that every normal guy would do, not to mention modders. For modders backups are essential. If you are that dumb not to make backup when u see a "missions" folder that replaces another one then that's your problem, dont come here rage us for such a stupid reason. And stop making drama on my topic, I don't need that. Nor advertising of other random fictional campaigns that were presumed to be made.

i never do backups because  for me they are waste of hdd. but this mod was simply trap.  anyway is looking good,

lol, the missions folder, whole of it, has 700 KB, not even 1 MB. Back in the days of windows 1.0 with 3 MB HDD? :D

Anyway thanks.

MVI, please update it on d2kplus.com as well. Thanks.

1.1 is now live on D2K+ :-)

Are you planning on using TibEd to modify any of the units? Could be interesting to give the Ixian's special units, stealth rocket tanks for example. 

Comrades! No one is an idiot or a jerk. No need to fight here. We fight in game only-against the idiot/jerkish AI.    ;-)

Now about the backup: Always keep some order in your files.  So you have created a [missions] folder. Then first you create a [missions_ORIG] for original files and then ...  a [missions_IXIAN] for this campaign or a [missions_EMPER] for your emperor campaign and etc. Same applies to other files you replace. and if you are borred to manually copy each time you create a BAT file or a custom EXE to do this file replacing automatic like I do.

Regarding the colors. The bug is on the game itself not your mod and has surfaced in OpenDUNE too. But I did not follow that development to know what they did about it. Was it Cmd. Matt working on it? Especially the infantry look horrible. No details just a single color much more like a mask. (And forget 8bpp-there you have pink outlines instead of sprites). Why not use the standard ones so no issues? I mean nobody will pay attention to what the color of the opponent is. If one day we fix the color issue and be able to add custom colors (with a different palette mask on true color) then we will agree to FIX specific colors for the extra houses and etc.

Now back to campaign. How did you play mission 4?

I left harvester there and shai-hulud did the job! He devoured the 2 seige tanks! Then I used the cloaked raider to shoot at an infantry and retreat a bit to where the fremen were waiting to finish him. Did this a couple of times and then send a single fremen to kill one or two more infantry to open the way. So the rest can pass true cleared area unnoticed. Then they go and attack enemy harvesters to drag forces away from the outpost. Then you go for the outpost where you kill a couple of infantry and then do the job. The problem is that you have to act fast as the enemy will start building seige tanks and then no chance for you.

Another way might be to attempt to pass through with your raider (most of the times raider will get destroyed) and go and kill infantry that blocks the way (your raider will be so severely damaged from the pass through that maybe not enough health to kill more that 1 infantry and you need to kill 3-again you sacrifice one fremen for the rest) inside the base so your fremen can go through the base. But it will be extremely difficult to move around the base as infantry is constantly moving and you will get detected or get crushed by moving tanks.

About dunes: I will post screenshots later.

Please Also Note, The first Map has NO! Sand Dunes, they will be coming soon, once i figure out which way they are facing cause its quite Difficult as of yet