Posting problems

X3M

Wow, couldn't at my parents place last week. 3 days ago, quoting failed. And now here at home posting at all failed. So it ain't there crappy computer, nor my well maintained computer.

After long searching I found it.

I had to change the board theme from Infinite dark to IP.Board, to be able to post again. Man, this looks weird.

So, what is the problem? Why is the Infinite dark theme having so much problems lately?

Edit:

Well, I could not edit as well. The option showed me another empty field instead of a box.

Wow, couldn't at my parents place last week. 3 days ago, quoting failed. And now here at home posting at all failed. So it ain't there crappy computer, nor my well maintained computer.

After long searching I found it.

I had to change the board theme from Infinite dark to IP.Board, to be able to post again. Man, this looks weird.

So, what is the problem? Why is the Infinite dark theme having so much problems lately?

Edit:

Well, I could not edit as well. The option showed me another empty field instead of a box.

Thanks for the tip, I had the same issue editing a post and changing the theme fixed it.

Firefox.

But that should not be the issue. Since it happens in windows explorer as well.

My parent have both browsers and on different computers. My friend has an I-Pad. They all share the same problems regarding the dark skin.

I use Infinite Dark and haven't observed any of the problems you refer to.
Turns out that's because I have JavaScript disabled most of the time. When it's active, the stupid "your post is empty" messages do appear in the Infinite Dark skin.

That's most ironic, come to think of it:

Javascript Disabled Detected

You currently have javascript disabled. Several functions may not work. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality.

Several functions, like forum software screwing your posts, may not work properly :P

I was just doing a quick fix earlier but there are now updated skin files that I've uploaded. Let me know if you're still getting the issue.

No quote tags to see, even though I can quote.

But now that I take a good look at it in the IP.Board skin. I noticed that here you have a light pink box around the message that you are quoting. Could it be that in the Infinite Dark skin something happens like that as well? But it isn't shown because it has all the same colours as the rest of the post?

How to put java script off and on again?

Very well.

Firefox:

Extra, then, Add-ons

Deactivate each javascript that is activated.

Restart browser.

Done, lets see what kind of errors I get.

Edit:

It doesn't help at all. So I put them back on.

It seems that 6.0.23, 6.0.24 and 6.0.26 are running on my system.

Could it be that any of them causes the failures?

• 6 months later...

A new posting problem seems to have occured.

This time it is because there where several updates.

Firefox, flash, another thing etc.

Anyway, the auto correction like how it goes in word seems to be disabled. I always took the time to correct my words as much as possible because I like to be a perfectionist. And I want others to be able to understand what I am saying (actually typing). My english is only 90%, so it bothers me.

How to get it back on?

Anyway, the auto correction like how it goes in word seems to be disabled. I always took the time to correct my words as much as possible because I like to be a perfectionist. And I want others to be able to understand what I am saying (actually typing). My english is only 90%, so it bothers me.

The spell checking feature is part of your browser, not the forum engine. You should check if it is enabled in your browser, and if it is specifically enabled for the text field of the forums' "Compose Message" window.

• Upvote 2

Let's see, what my updates do.

Got myself 1.19.3 now. It was 1.19.1.

Ah, it seems the version number did not change after updating, but the program works again.

I simply needed to go to getting add-ons. And re-receive the new version of the English British dictionary.

I can't help but to think that I made a silly mistake here, somewhere.

However, if firebox gets updates, shouldn't each add-on be checked automatically?

Anyway, fixed!