Dune2000, underestimated in quality?

X3M

Questions.

You are also making a version, right?

Couldn't you try to increase the balance of the game? Including doubling the prices?

Or would you like to change the game mechanics in a whole, yet staying true as possible to the existing game?

The Sonic would automatically be nerved.

And each factory has it's own building queue. Just like Dune2. I suggest you take a look at the building queue's of KKND. :)

Building speed of the units depending on the costs of those units. While the structure costs have only influence on structure durability, but is still linked to the "tech" of the units it produces. This rule helped me designing/balancing my producing structures for my board game :).

Or would that be a bit too much work since the engine is a maze?

Indeed the engine is bullshit, not worth wasting my time . Not to mention that adding new maps is a pain in the ass as you need to modify text.uib and put the map in maps folder too. Different text.uibs may cause out of sync over internet, etc.. Not worth it. :)

I dont suggest independen building queues, like 1 unit from each factory. C&C openra mod has that and it goes to tank spamming quite fast.. Reducing build speed is good if u make the player not able to build factories so easy (high costs and much time)

• Upvote 1

Yes, the players should be forced to mix the army. This in combination with a harder time to squash infantry.

And with my formula, it doesn't matter how strong the cannon is, you always need 6 times to shoot, before even 1 infantry unit dies.

If you want faster weapons, you need double or triple barrelled weapons, or the ROF is decreased like the Ordos Combat Tank.

The Minotaurus has even 4 cannons, but in return, it's very expensive and slow firing. You always have to sacrifice 1 thing for another in order to balance.

Tank spamming is due to the "overall" power of the cannon in combination with squashing. Remove both facts and your done :).

However, the case with the Ordos Combat Tank is that the army in a whole is weak as well since no one in there has the task of taking lots of damage.

Yes, the players should be forced to mix the army. This in combination with a harder time to squash infantry.

And with my formula, it doesn't matter how strong the cannon is, you always need 6 times to shoot, before even 1 infantry unit dies.

If you want faster weapons, you need double or triple barrelled weapons, or the ROF is decreased like the Ordos Combat Tank.

The Minotaurus has even 4 cannons, but in return, it's very expensive and slow firing. You always have to sacrifice 1 thing for another in order to balance.

Tank spamming is due to the "overall" power of the cannon in combination with squashing. Remove both facts and your done :).

However, the case with the Ordos Combat Tank is that the army in a whole is weak as well since no one in there has the task of taking lots of damage.

Even if you make them slower, it will still be like many of them attacking at once, especially by building 1 from every factory.

Think about it: tanks are created slower and with 1 factory it is ok. Lets say u need 25-30 secs or idk.. time to build a medium tank. With the C&C/Dune method of reducing build time on 3 factories lets say you'd get the med tank in 10-15 secs. In your method which i know is present in almost all other rts? idk but it could be - so with that in 25-30 secs you would get 3 med tanks. As i said OpenRA C&C 95 mod has this: it sucks, ppl dont play the c&c mod cuz of that and i personally hate that option too. After when you have lots of refineries and a steady cash flow i was able to build nod airstrips every second lol, and pump out tanks from it. It becomes the same spam, just with slower tanks (i mean their speed). Thats why they didnt implement that in their RA mod which was their primary target i think: they kinda tested on c&c. Dune.mod doesnt have that too. Trust me, that thing doesnt fit the c&c and dune style that westwood created. I know EA uses it now but their games are being hated for years by many ppl including myself :D faster prod at 3 factories and 3 barr should be ok (with proper settings)

The only reason why I like separate building queue's is that you are forced to put the tanks out in different places.

1 Factory pushing out 1 tank a second, that's crap :) Let's keep things realistic.

That's why I prefer C&C3 over Tiberian sun and C&Cdawn.

But why do people produce mass tanks?

They are durable, then there should be a weapon against them.

They have a lot of fire power in one place, then they should be bigger objects as well. Size of the objects matter in RTS.

In C&C dawn, a NOD buggy is just as big as a Mammoth Tank.

In C&C3, 1 Mammoth Tank could fit 4 or 5 of those NOD Buggies.

I even applied sizes in my board game, and it helps balancing the game :)

Besides, in C&C3 when I play mass income maps, I mass infantry, since even flame tanks can't reach my rocket soldiers. I am talking about having 100 squads in one place :D. So, it's more of a balance issue to prevent mass tanks, then it is a production issue.