Dune 2000 for Windows 7

Princess-x-Danni

Hello Everyone,

First may i apologise as i know this has been answered before, i am new here & i have read many many posts on my issue,

my problem is i don't understand half of the meanings / ways of how to do what use have recommended,

I just bought Dune 2000 on a sold out disc and it says windows 95-windows xp home edition.

I tried installing anyway and it says " could not find F:\SETUP\INSTALL.EXE. "

I read that i need to install a virtual box then i read i need to change from 64bit to 32bit but have no idea what am actually doing.

I have played Dune 2000 endless times my original disc got broken in house move hence buying a new one.

I don't mean to annoy anyone for repeating themselves but i don't understand how to change files etc that i have read about.

Please can anyone tell me how i can play Dune 2000 on windows 7 in a way i can understand.. or pics / vids on how to welcome haha ! :P

Again thanks for reading this and hopefully i will be playing Dune 2000 again soon !! :D

You go to the installer.exe and click right and press properites and there you will see General , Compatibilty and Summary. Then you choose compatilbilty and tick Run this program in compatibilty mode for : and then you choose Windows 95 and click apply and OK, thats all. Hope you solve the problem. :)

Hello

I have just tried that and its now saying " The version iof this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system informations to see whether you need and x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher. "

Any ideas how to get around that? Again many thanks for trying to help me !!

For my dune 2000 works great i dont have cd. I just download the game at this topic where is the link where you can download. But at me the problem was when i entered in game (not main screen) everything move very fast(units and the scroll) and i put vertical sync on and solve :D I dont expect you will have the same problem but in case at this, here is the answer hehe :D

Sorry for two posts.

hello

thank you but it says Dune 2000 was not found on your computer, i read the forum link and i done what people said download to computer but it just kept coming up dune 2000 not found on your computer i tried 3 times

all this hassle for dune 2000 but its worth it haha helpppp!

Hello

thank you, i got this message when i clicked the link " FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally

"i did download something called i livid download manager but it doesn't show dune 2000

what have i done wrong?

I got it!

Just hold on a few mili minutes then click the link

I dont know why the link posted by me dosen't work( The game sure) :( maybe you need to do it your windows :D and then try to reinstall dune 2000.

Hello

I don't know why it wouldn't work for me perhaps i may have done something wrong i don't know,

i now have Dune 2000 working via a download from another member,

but thank you very much for trying to help me

much appreciated !!

About what link are we talking?

I love to get my hands on the most recent version.

Personal, i doubt that any link would work since i needed 3 hours, yes, 180 minutes to get dune2k working, due to mismatch, wrong versions of windows, bit size etc.

The main problem is always to get the cd working and install dune2k.

Is the proper link one of those 3>? that you have posted? If so, then i try in the morning. Since dune2k is one of the best balanced rts games out there. i need it and want it.

And then if it works, i will test your 5k version completely. Not just math and video's.

Gamplay is always the main issue. If it works, expect a long post on correcting suggestions. ;) which would be positive.

Dune 2k is not even close to be the most balanced game man :D play it online then u will realise it.

Hawker's link is supposed to work. I uploaded it myself. It also contains the win7 IPX registries which allow you to play online. Princess, if u are interested to play online don't hesitate to ask me ;)