Mod making edit models!

Harkonna

How 2? i don't make mods myself, and it is said 2 be inpossible, but i don't think what u call a mod is a mod when the unit's have no new skins... ofcours u can use some old skins, but not all... ::) This can NOT be inpossible... i created a mod for an other game nd i sucseeded. but 2 come back on what i just say,  i have seen nema fakei's mod for tiberian sun to dune, and with just 3 words i can Explane it : IT JUST RULES

New models, colors changed and more, only 2 bad the ground still is the same, but u can't have everything in a mod. i just want 2 say 3 things: Nema fakei, keep up the good work, find out how 2 get skins changed, and, tibsun and emperor have the same creators, if u can change units from tibsun, it must be possible 2 do the same to emperor... maybe the source codes are even the same! u never know...

H A R K O N N A

I know they're both WW.. but they use different graphics engines. The xbfs (models) are vertex-and-texture-based models, not voxel-based ones... a converter is very difficult. But there is an interesting file in 3ddata0001.rfh, called 'I_abar.tga' - it's the d2k atreides barracks!

But the engine is completely new.

I'll try to post up a retexturing tutorial this weekend...

"But there is an interesting file in 3ddata0001.rfh, called 'I_abar.tga' - it's the d2k atreides barracks!"

Here, there MUST be something, it IS possible 2 change them, when only don't know how! there MUST be a way and it would be way to cool, if i learn anything about making mods i can help u guys finding something out about it. u are able 2 alter the colors and thumbnail things (u see in build-menu) than, we also MUST be able 2 change the models, i don't know how long it will take, but WE WILL FIND IT OUT!

H A R K O N N A