GM2 scenarios

envelope

I believe that I had sent a similar e-mail pertaining to this problem, but will start another, as I am not able to find any post.

My folder shows scenarios with a GM2 extension. However, I am not able to get them to play on any of my Editions. RRT2 Gold ESC or PLatinum. Can anyone give me some idea for the reason?

There are a lot of other scenarios to play, but these are the ones of which I am at present trying to play.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

GM2 is the extension on a saved game (scenario) file, not a new map (maps are "MP2"). Put GM2 files into RT2's "games" subfolder, and you'll see them listed when you resume (single player -> Load Scenario) if they are single-player games.

I am not familiar with multiplayer, but I suspect that saved games from multiplayer action will not be listed in the single-player dialog (a similar filter exists for maps, and it can bugger a newbie designer who mangles the "players" settings).

Also, saved games are listed by the names stored inside of them, not by file name. If you have changed the file names on your disk, there could be a divergence there.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Jeff,

And i did find that on a 2nd attempt, I was able to play the GM2 scenarios in the Gold Edition. However, I did run into a little confusion, which didn't change the action to play, but I found some scenarios, once "opened" that the extensions were either .Mp2 or MAP. Don't know why the reason for such results, but had not problem with the playing of them.

As for changing the extension, I would only attempt such an action from a downloaded disc. As little as I know about programs, such an action would not change the format on the disc.

I like playing these old scenarios. A little diversion from RT3. A little less on the updated technology, but none the less, a lot of fun.

As a side note:

Changing an extension, allows a original map to be played or modified then saved as a game. Then the changed game's extension "using the"window E keys" is changed you get what I call a Pose map. My purpose in doing this was to discover what changes appear in the converted Pose map that I might be able to exploit in building a new map.

You will find that industry and houses are usually multiplied when a pose map again become a game map. Sometimes there is too much change.

Other times I find something useful or extreme, such as having water cover a part of a produce farm to make it disappear. A message was use to say: Bomb storage do not enter or something like that. Then in a new game when tracks are built over the missing part of the farm above the water line, the map crashes.