WNE scenarios

After trying the "contact us" agenda, without any reply, I will attempt to get a reply on these scenarios of WNE, of which is not either in Hawk's Map Archives, or that of this Terminal Archives.

Although this Terminal shows on 20 scenarios, my inventory shows 23 in the WNE of which my inventory shows the original as EW-MAPS, with an extension of .MAP.

A 2nd batch shown as EW-The Maps Strange New World has 15 scenarios, extension of .MP2

The 3rd is EW-The Rage with 17 scenarios, with an extension of .MAP

And the 4th and final is that of EW-The Rise of Power. 17 scenarios with extension of .MAP

Some comments of other player state that they did not care for the agenda's taken in its concept, some scenarios of which do not have any "real" goals, but a text of what has to be accomplished. With that said, I do believe if the creator took the time to invest his time, efforts, talent, and imagination, that we as players should at least attempt to satisfy, both ourselves, as well as that of the creator, to respect such talent, by playing them.

The final question? Would the moderators, or whomever makes such decisions, want these scenarios to be included in the Terminal Archives? I do know that there are ethics which have to be followed. Hence the addresses have been included in one of the scenario text folders or instructions. But at this time, such may not be intact, for authorization. These are the addresses:

Available from RR Express

www.gamepost.com/~Express/

ctc: jstevens@catatonic.CO.UK

Or something similar. If necessary, I would check the scenario involved for definite verification.

Of the 23 WNE scenarios, there is only 1 of which shows to be contaminated. From the best of memory, I have not completed any of the other 3 batches, but I have not found any programming problem with those I have played.

I would appreciate a reply, as I would not want these scenarios to get lost.

I have uploaded many maps to this site but have never removed any. Someone else may have?

I believe Stevens, if it is his maps you are looking for, is now in college. My last look was not successfully completed and I assume the site is closed.

When I get some time, I will look through my 3.5 disk backups.

Okay Gwizz,

And unlike the EW-MAPS, the EW-The Maps Strange New World do have "briefings" of challenges for medals.

The initial EW-MAPS tend to be open ended, even though a person completes the challenges. I do not recall at this time, if I have ever completely played all of them. Just some periodically, but have started the 2nd WNE batch. And it will take time to complete all 45 of which the batches comprise.

• 2 months later...

I had an amount of computer problems with both the mother board, and the graphics.  But finally, I did manage to complete the other 49 scenarios, which are not in the Terminal  Archives.   some are of more interest than others, as a player will have to decide on their results, as I also mention, that there are a lot of open ended creations of the series. 

As I stated in a previous thread, these are a Stevens creation, and I believe that it only a courtesy to have them incorporated.   A lot of time went into them.  8)

James liked to create the scenery but not trigger events.   I think it would be proper to add all of his maps to the Terminal archives with the dis-claimer that they have few or no trigger events.

There are other map builders that also used their own web pages to post their maps.  I wish I had kept a record of these maps.  Most of these other maps were very well done.

Okay Gwizz,

And my quesiton as previously stated, I do have all of the 4 GNE different series,  and wanting to know if you would want me to download them, so they can be incorporated into the Archives?

At this point, I know that 1 of the 1st series has 1 scenario which is "corrupted" in some way.   I would either find out why, and if not being corrected, would be deleted prior to any download. 8)

If I remember correctly, most of the maps tend to be small in size.

I would wait awhile to see if there is any discussion from other moderators.

If not, then zip together a few maps at a time  (to keep the file from being to large)  Label

and upload each zipped package to the forum. 

• 1 month later...

Well Gwizz,

Since there doesn't seem to be any comments from other moderators, I guess I will endeavor to start  "upload"  a couple of WNE senario series.    On checking the "Forum" as directed, I did find the category of "downloads", and not being familiar with such operations,  I need a little more instructions.  

On e-mails, there is an indicator of "attachment", of which it can be downloaded, but I don't see anything of the nature.   Well at least none in this General Discussion category.

And although I have clicked on the "dowload" in the Forum, I have not attempted to 'upload'  any of the WNEs, as I am not familiar as to how it is done.     The mention of "Label" is another facet of which I am not familiar as well.

Need a little help. :unsure:

Well Gwizz,

We can forget about the missing WNE scenario series.   These scenarios were not backed up, and some how the folder which contained all of them has been deleted. 

So, unless you would want to add those to the ones which are already in the Archives, you would have to go to Stevens to see if he still has all of them in his system.  

I truely am sorry, as it is possible that those scenarios will be lost.  :(