My creation:Dune 5000

Dr.Mocha

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Question: this uses ur own engine or uses dune2000 engine? I'd say its ur engine.

Then, idk how balanced would this be, but u did some good job there if u made this on other engine than dune's one so keep us updated.

I noticed this question

I never looked at it well

Reply:::Im not sure what you ment by engine...Do you mean my own My own Application File? Because I do have one but I have not yet posted it out.

I am very clueless on what you ment by engine...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is a small sample of the new dune 5000 updates I've been working on

Click here for the download Here

And please read the read me before you do anything...

All it's saying is how to add the files to the data of dune 2k

Could you upload images to the forum or videos showing what is new (or what is different in your mod in comparison to vanilla D2k)?

• Upvote 2

Could you upload images to the forum or videos showing what is new (or what is different in your mod in comparison to vanilla D2k)?

The most I can do for now is give you an image because I can't find a good sound editor or recorder for free...

The one I had expired

Harkonnen_Devastator_upate.jpg

I see it more of a fun mod. No need for balance.

In RA you also had these weird kind of units like super civilians and super mammoth tanks.

Although, going multiplayer with it. No, for that it is indeed unbalanced. But so is Dune2000.

Any public mod should be balanced, no matter if it's singleplayer or multiplayer.. And that is the hardest part. How could a balanced mod take away the fun lol? 

I know Dune 2000 is not balanced, that's why I was thinking to do something about it, but I'm totally aware of the difficulty of "balancing". As shao said, it would also require some very close-to-each-other players (in terms of skill) to ensure good balance. By the way, if anyone is up for such a huge project, hit me up, but be sure it's not going to be easy. I'm not pointing that this mod should be like that, but minor balance can be done without all that stuff, by just playing with each house and examining weaknesses and strengths.

Any public mod should be balanced, no matter if it's singleplayer or multiplayer.. And that is the hardest part. How could a balanced mod take away the fun lol? 

I know Dune 2000 is not balanced, that's why I was thinking to do something about it, but I'm totally aware of the difficulty of "balancing". As shao said, it would also require some very close-to-each-other players (in terms of skill) to ensure good balance. By the way, if anyone is up for such a huge project, hit me up, but be sure it's not going to be easy. I'm not pointing that this mod should be like that, but minor balance can be done without all that stuff, by just playing with each house and examining weaknesses and strengths.

Honestly shouldn't be too hard as long as you take a slow pace and fix things one at a time. I for one love crushing infantry with tanks, but it is very unbalanced.

• Upvote 1

• 5 years later...