My creation:Dune 5000

Dr.Mocha

Then you must have hated the cabal robot in firestorm. :)

Me too by the way. It was a boring mission. With proper preperations you could easily deal with it.

But if the bosses have some balance, a certain goal, and are having several ways to be dealt with. Then it's ok.

The mammoth of C&C3 is such an example. In my eye's. It's more a boss unit then a very heavy unit.

It is slow, it is certain. But you can work on it's defeat. It's more of a distraction in most cases then something that you HAVE to deal with.

It's Dr.Mocha choice if he uses these boss units. If it's just 1 mission for producing or killing it, there is no problem, right? Only more fun.

Well from what I've understood he wants to make bosses purchaseable. Dat not good for balance & westwood style xD

Yea I indeed hated cabal boss, makes no sense to put that kind of units in a RTS. Although it fit the story :D

My internet was off for a while and I still dont know a boss for the last level of the harkonnen missions

Oh and the bosses cannot be built by the way

I need an atradies boss level...

I also need to know what will it fire

note that Im actually giving you all the opertunity to chose what would you like as a boss...

A ship? a Train? a Tank? a Mech? a Titan? a Base?

The color? The shape?

Does it shoot Rockets,Bullets,Or Lazers?

I already answered that question :) With something firing a lot of missiles.

But I also had another thought: how about a sonic tank, that's just having way to much range? Of course a cool down that's a lot longer then the standard sonic tank. So it's weakness is, approaching it, and dodging the waves. Perhaps the waves should be a bit slower then the basic sonic blast. So it's easier for players to approach it. Also from different sides.

Super weapons? on/off

Boss units? on/off

Base? on/off

Something like that. Then it would be a choice for players. And from time to time, I choose yes ^^.

Also, the difference between Dr.Mocha's boss units and the hero's from WC3 is; the hero's in WC3 also provide extra bonuses to the entire army. That's why people dislike them. Those bonuses themselves aren't balanced. While Dune5000 bosses would only be very strong units.

How about a mech bot or a low ranged high power machine? Will you be able to do that?

If u ask me dont put any boss :D

Reply to mech idea:::I like the mech idea with the machine guns...but due to the ability not to move and low range id have to add reinforcements to the boss

It will add 3 special tank's and 5 fremen sniper's every 5 seconds and Air brigade just to make it look like a real war

Reply to dont add bosses:::Im not replacing any levels...They can only be chosen in the select level option

Its like a bonus option I add to the game...Know the levels that you cant chose in campain? I put levels in their slots for a bonus

I even Created an bonus extra level...Its called The Emperor's Betrail...A level that you must survive an attack for at least 10minutes...You only have but 1 Devastator and must withstand an attack of Sardukar's and troopers

I dont replace the campain...The campain is seperated from these levels...can only sellect them in level selecter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...